2015 Ford GT

Looks like the GR-1 concept car that was built as a concept car a few years ago. It looks more like the Daytona Coupe than the GT 40. I would be surprised if they ever build anything that looks at all like the concept car. I believe they had concerns about insufficient head room to pass collision tests. I think the whole concept was scrapped and Ford decided that limited edition Shelby Mustangs would be their flagship sports cars once the GT was retired.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Nice, for a design, I cant come to terms with it though cause no longer looks like a GT, in this case, they should give it a different name.

I mean, with the lamborghinis, the Diablo was my favourite after the diablo they all started getting those pointy lights (like this new gt), but thankfully they didnt call them diablos, but Gallardos, Murciellagos etc.

I wouldnt wanna see ford do what Dodge did with naming the 4 door joke a "Charger".

Nice car, just name it something else as the GT is a GT and u cant have a GT that doesnt look exactly like a GT... thats how I feel anyway

"It looks pretty, but are those pictures from Ford? Or someone's wishful thinking? "

It is very Ford. They went as far as building a prototype. They even did a one hour show on Rides about it. Here are photos of the prototype:

2005 Ford Shelby GR1 Concept with Aluminum Body

And its for sale at the RM Auction in Monterey in August. No drivetrain or interior, pre auction estimate of $150,000 - $200,000. Proceeds go to Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.

love that GR-1 never understood why they did not build it.
150 to 200K seems a good price for such unique item? me thinks

I wonder what Ford is trying to achieve here? The 2005-2006 car was a 'halo car' to commemorate their 100-year anniversary (I think). Looking to 2015 it looks like Ford wants to emulate that look, but unlike the '05-'06 cars, they will use much more technology to bring the look in to the current age.
Regardless, Ford really should have a high performance two-seat sports car to compete with GM and (ick) Chrysler. With their racing heritage, R&D and design expertise, I'm sure it would be impressive.
V
P.S. I'm a 'new guy' on this forum and this is my first post. Be gentle :)

Mike Pass

Supporter
Unusual picture of Shelby with the car - he hasn't got his hand out for the money!
Same with Ford on this one - when you run out of ideas pillage your own heritage.
Car is actually OK for me looks wise.
Cheers
Mike

Back