Re: A Real Ford GT Roadster

My heart just skipped 2.5 beats.

A few minutes ago, I came home: my wife had just left for her work. On my computer monitor, a page of Ultimatecarpages.com was left on. It was of a Real Ford GT Roadster:

Ford-GT-Roadster_23.jpg

My mind whirled: my wife doesn't like cars. She doesn't know anything about classic cars, certainly not an extremely obscure variant like the Roadster. Why is this page up?

I called her up.

"Hi, honey, it's me. What's this about the Ford GT Roadster photo on the computer?"

She replied, "I looked in your browser history . . . "

What? I thought, she's looking in my browser history? She wants to see five bazillion photos of cars?

I was thinking so hard her next statement was but a fragment, "I found a nice photo . . . buy it."

BUY IT! My heart soared to a scary height.

"What did you say?"

"I said, I found a nice photo for you to look at. It's not as if I am hinting for you to buy it."

Crash!

"Oh. Okay. Thanks. I love you: bye."

"I love you. Bye."

Do you see why I have hung on to her for thirty-three years? Why I will never let her go? She wanted me to have a nice photo to look at on the computer and she found it and she left it for me.

And, when I am not paying attention, she is such a tease!

Bassanio et Portia :)

Any sisters?
Dear Joe:

Alas! Yes, but they are all married, with no sign of waning. The husband of my wife's youngest sister recently said, "(We) were married one month after we got engaged. Some one that heard that asked me if it was love or lust. After being married now almost 29 years I have to answer that with YES!! And, it still is."

Joe, if you do not presently have such a gem, I hope you find as good a one as my wife and her sisters. (No sarcasm, not joking: I am serious)

Bassanio et Portia :)

And then I work up and realized I had been having the most amazing dream......

"Honey, the toilet is plugged up again, and your son is smoking pot down in the basement I think."

Back