Cheers

Attachments

• gulf cars (12).jpg
    gulf cars (12).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 859
  • gulf cars (17).jpg
    gulf cars (17).jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 594
Nice choice Keith. I am going to go for the same wheels & tyres with Avon stencils for my car. They look awesome

Trev

Keith

I have the original colour codes from Gulf Oil (Strictly they like you to ask for permission to use them, which I have done) I will dig out the details and let you know.

John

Keith

Below is paint info plus a copy of email exchange with Sam at Gulf Oil

For Info, Gulf pantone colours
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT color=

Subject: RE: Gulf colour scheme<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Dear John<o:p></o:p>
Great to hear from you and no problem at all to use the colours, as long as you can send me an image of it once completed.<o:p></o:p>
My only question is if you are planning to use the car for any commercial activity?<o:p></o:p>
Kind regards<o:p></o:p>
Sam <o:p></o:p>

Sent: 10 March 2010 13:04
To: Sam Cork
Subject: Gulf colour scheme<o:p></o:p>

Hello Sam<o:p></o:p>
I am currently building a GT40 replica in the UK and wish to finish it in the traditional Gulf colour scheme. I understand that this is trademarked by Gulf Oil and that I need your agreement so to do.<o:p></o:p>
Look forward to hearing from you<o:p></o:p>
Regards<o:p></o:p>
John<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:
Thanks again John.
Question for anyone though, there are variants of this colour used on GT40's some sharp bright blues and some pale.
I personally prefer the strong brightness as above

But compared say to the picture above on this thread how does it compare with an original ?

Any thoughts ?

Hi Trev,
The Avon stencils are also from Raceline digital I believe but you probably already know this.
I will probably not use stencils for the roundles and maybe the Gulf logos as these can be painted on. I know a guy Darren Horton .com who can airbrush anything see his site it's impressive.
I'm not sure whether you can laquer over these transfers so as not to feel the edges and I'm not keen on edges.

Keith, good luck with the car. I wanted the Gulf Colours too but settled for yellow and black which has really grown on me but when the time comes for a re-spray I'll go with Gulf Colours. NSXER's car has always been one of my favorites so his is a good one to copy. Post pics when done.

Back