P/1078 Strathavan Livery

Mike Pass

Supporter
On the latest Gt40 Enthusiasts Club list of members there is a large pic of Claude Nahum's GT40 Mk1 P/1078. He has had it repainted in it's original Strathavan livery which to my eyes looks superb. Does anyone know what the paint colour/code is? I have some info about it being "Borneo Green" with a paint code of PO13-4390 but I can't find any info about it. Pic is of a scale model car in this pale green colour.
Anyone out there know?
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• 1078.jpg
    1078.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,155

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I think that the Stirling Moss team raced Merlyns in those colours.
I will ask a mate of mine.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Thanks James.
I think the livery comes from the Strathaven brewery up in Scotland but I can't seem to find a good period pic or info on the colour code. It seems to ring a bell at the back of my ancient brain cells but old age is winning at the moment.
Cheers
Mike

On the latest Gt40 Enthusiasts Club list of members there is a large pic of Claude Nahum's GT40 Mk1 P/1078. He has had it repainted in it's original Strathavan livery which to my eyes looks superb. Does anyone know what the paint colour/code is? I have some info about it being "Borneo Green" with a paint code of PO13-4390 but I can't find any info about it.
Anyone out there know?
Cheers
Mike

Mike,
Why not e-mail Claude?
He's very helpful.
Tony

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,
Strathavan Brewery is a micro brewery and is only about ten years old or so.

Your paint could be:
Glasurit line 90 or 55
1967 Renault - Vert Borneo Met
Colour code 911

http://-svend-.piczo.com/?g=19683298

Lotus might also have used this livery.

Last edited:

Mike Pass

Supporter
That's it. I had an inkling that it was a Renault colour. Thanks James.
Nice colour and with the orange wheel centres too. A nice alternative to the usual liveries.
Cheers
Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry I missed the thread. Actually I can not vouch the color 1078 is in today is the exact correct period Strathaven color.

Carroserie Perreira , Daniet Perreira had to make multiple samples on fiberglass squares which we then compared to all the period photos of the car.

If you are interested I can ask him what the exact RAL mix was at the end.

I attach a few photos from the race at Imola an Estoril.

Attachments

• _0009471s.jpg
    _0009471s.jpg
    715.9 KB · Views: 910
  • _AMP6560s.jpg
    _AMP6560s.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 977
  • _0008925s.jpg
    _0008925s.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 10,908
  • JM7_2468s.jpg
    JM7_2468s.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 891
  • JMB_8150 s.jpg
    JMB_8150 s.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 1,110

Mike Pass

Supporter
Thanks for posting the pics of the car Claude. The exact colour does seem to be a bit of a mystery. Maybe you could check your samples against some of the suggestions above to see if they match. The car really looks superb. I think that the light green metallic goes so well with the lines of the GT40. I hope to see you racing at the Le Mans Classic again this year. Please let us know if you are going and which cars you are planning to take if you do go.
Good luck with the car - you seem to have some serious company in one of your photographs!
Cheers
Mike

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
Sorry I missed the thread. Actually I can not vouch the color 1078 is in today is the exact correct period Strathaven color.

Carroserie Perreira , Daniet Perreira had to make multiple samples on fiberglass squares which we then compared to all the period photos of the car.

If you are interested I can ask him what the exact RAL mix was at the end.

I attach a few photos from the race at Imola an Estoril.

If not too much trouble, I would like to know the RAL mix.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi,

Claude has been trying for some months to get the mix code off his painter but it is proving more difficult than he thought.

I found the paint below but it seems darker than the paint on the real thing

Attachments

• DSCF2014.jpg
    DSCF2014.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 559
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 616
From Claude

Nick,

I spoke with Daniel the painter of the car who gave me the following as the closest possible color.

I hope it works for you:

Dupont Ford Color Silver leaf Metallic L9590

Claude Nahum

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 525
Back