Looking for help on my 1966 / GTD GT40 Replica

I am looking for some help to determine exactly what i have, posted are some pics. I appreciate any suggestions or information..
Thanks,
Dean

Attachments

• WP_000176.jpg
    WP_000176.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 799
  • WP_000177.jpg
    WP_000177.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 833
  • WP_000178.jpg
    WP_000178.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 754
  • WP_000179.jpg
    WP_000179.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 725
  • WP_000184.jpg
    WP_000184.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 784
Re: looking for help on my 1966

a couple more pics.

Attachments

• WP_000147.jpg
    WP_000147.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 756
  • WP_000187.jpg
    WP_000187.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 804
  • WP_000450.jpg
    WP_000450.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 717

forgot these two pictures.

Attachments

• WP_000452.jpg
    WP_000452.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 656
  • WP_000449.jpg
    WP_000449.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 661

Replica GT40

GTD40 Mk1 from G.T.Developments of Poole Uk (as was).

What is it that you want to know? There should be a chassis number under the front removable section on a cross member near the rack or anti-roll bar.

Replica GT40

GTD40 Mk1 from G.T.Developments of Poole Uk (as was).

What is it that you want to know? There should be a chassis number under the front removable section on a cross member near the rack or anti-roll bar.

Paul
Thank you for your response, i have looked for chassis number and can not find maybe i am looking in wrong areas, if anyone can post pics of where i need to be looking that would be great, if the car was built by G.T. Development can we tell between what years it would have been built, as i know they were not around very long correct.

It is an earlier version of the GTD built in Poole, most likely 1986 - 1989 era. Chassis number is stamped on the top of the fixed front chassis rail just in front of the pedal assembly, normally on the right hand side of the rail, but as this is a left hooker may be on the other side. I can supply a picture if you cannot locate it, Frank

It is an earlier version of the GTD built in Poole, most likely 1986 - 1989 era. Chassis number is stamped on the top of the fixed front chassis rail just in front of the pedal assembly, normally on the right hand side of the rail, but as this is a left hooker may be on the other side. I can supply a picture if you cannot locate it, Frank

Frank
Do i look for this rail in the cockpit or the outside under the front?

Thanks, Dean

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Deane,
To find out a bit more about the history of GTD and the British GT40 replicas, go onto www.gt40enthusiasts.com and click on Fortyfication. Scroll to the bottom to December 2005 and click on GT40 Replicas by Brian Magee.

Brian Magee

Malcolm

Supporter
With that brake set up it may still be a bit later than 1989, but possible only a year or two later max. If it was pre 1990 it would have twin hand brake cables instead of a single cable on a balance bar. Post a chassis number and all will be revealed! Probably you have brake servos. Look on chassis rail in front of them under nostril section.

With that brake set up it may still be a bit later than 1989, but possible only a year or two later max. If it was pre 1990 it would have twin hand brake cables instead of a single cable on a balance bar. Post a chassis number and all will be revealed! Probably you have brake servos. Look on chassis rail in front of them under nostril section.

i will try and locate chassis number today..

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Dean,
Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy of the GTD manual and some other GTD related info which you should find useful.
Cheers
Mike

Dean:
There were a number of those cars built here in the US, about 12 I think, and from what I can see you have a leather or vinyl covered dash which was one of the features if I remember.
Also they were using a ford 302 marine block and they all had brass freeze plugs..if you have those I would bet it was built here.
If I remember correctly the rear setup was Merkur Scorpio, I don't remember the front, maybe Cortina.
Worth a look anyway
Cheers
Phil

Howard Jones

Supporter
Dean, It helps a lot if you add the state and city you live in. I have a GTD also and they can bring you years of enjoyment. They are early in the replica GT40 evolution but in general are a solid foundation. There have been many improvements made by owners over the last 20+ years so you can simply select the area you want to work on and ask. Lots of help here on Gt40s.

If you live in Calif. drop by and we'll have a long chat about GTD's, Bud who posted above lives nearby and has built 3 or 4 of them.

Your cars looks to be in pretty good shape, congratulations.

I noticed in your pictures that your rear antiroll bar is a high mounted unit. !990 or 1991 GTD changed to a low mount unit. Again I would guess it is 1989 or 1990 - not later and not earlier because of the rear disc set up and the Lotus shift nob and center shift. Serial number will get the answer. Unfortunately not every chassis was stamped on the frame. Look in the compartment under the nostril at the area where the servos are mounted.

Back