Check this pic out

Love this pic at the moment. I am planning on painting my RF this colour. No stripes. Does anyone know the car or even better the colour?

Ordered some similar wheels from Team 3 today.....

Attachments

• Ford-GT40_mp8_pic_49110.jpg
    Ford-GT40_mp8_pic_49110.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,057
Good Ole Ronny......That is one Sweet looking car he built

Does look very close. My picture has been doctored somehow but Ron's real color of 06 Ford Windveil Blue is pretty darn close.
attachment.php

That seems to be a different shade of blue. Wow, I so loved that car and only just missed it when it was offered for sale for something like $ 75,000.

John

There was a colour similar to this used by Ford in the 60's on the Cortina 1600E I think called 'Ceramic Blue'. Looks very similar.

Attachments

• Ceramic Blue.jpg
    Ceramic Blue.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 369
Dave,

Sorry I can't help you with the colour, but the car is GT40 P/1065 when up for auction. You should be able to find a few good photos on the Net of it to let you see how good the colour looks. Even more sorry I can't tell you what that colour is!

Ronnie

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Even more sorry I can't tell you what that colour is!

Ronnie

Sorry you should be!

What good are you if you can't give us every minutia detail we request! It's not like you wrote a book about this or anything! I need to know what the bolt head markings of the lower rear arm pivots were on 1046!

Just damn glad you have time to pop in here once in while and steer us right..............

Sorry you should be!

What good are you if you can't give us every minutia detail we request! It's not like you wrote a book about this or anything! I need to know what the bolt head markings of the lower rear arm pivots were on 1046!

Just damn glad you have time to pop in here once in while and steer us right..............

Rick,

Sorry to let you all down so badly! Guess I'm just not up to it anymore. But....as for the bolt head markings, what do you want to know??

Happy 2013 to everyone.

Ronnie

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Rick,

Sorry to let you all down so badly! Guess I'm just not up to it anymore. But....as for the bolt head markings, what do you want to know??

Happy 2013 to everyone.

Ronnie

Just being a pendantic dick!

Best to you for the coming year. May it be better than the last and not as good as the next!

Cheers Guys for chipping in and taking the time to help me out. Knowing the car number is a huge bonus, Thanks Ronnie. Happy 2013 to everyone as well.

Check this out. Wally

The provenance of P/1065 is bolstered by a thoroughly documented record of continuous ownership, one that has been officially corroborated by both the Shelby Registry and the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. Furthermore, this car has been featured in a number of books and magazine articles about the GT40 model, including Ford GT40 by John S. Allen, GT40: An Individual History and Race Record by Ronnie Spain, the September 1978 issue of Autocar and the Spring 1984 issue of Supercar Classics. P/1065 was also photographed extensively for the substantial entry on the GT40 featured in Ultimate Automobiles by Alberto Martinez and Jose Rosinski.Show more.
Over the last year, this car has also undergone a substantial restoration that has included a rebuild of the engine, transmission, brakes and suspension, and a repaint in its original color. This work, conducted by Driver Source Fine Motor Cars of Houston, Texas, incurred roughly $100,000 in receipts, and ensures that the next owner is afforded the full potential of this car’s breathtaking performance and arresting presentation. Offered in its original color of Azure Blue without racing stripes, featuring Halibrand wheels and still displaying a remarkably low mileage of just under 3,200 miles, this GT40 Mk I is a heart-stopping example of the exhilarating American sports car that captivated the world. It is accompanied by full documentation of its recent restoration work, including receipts, parts orders, and numerous photographs. Indisputably rare, beautifully finished and historically rich, P/1065 is a striking testament to the early road-going counterpoint that such production cars offered to the model’s celebrated racing achievements. It would easily qualify as the crown jewel of most collections and would make a peerless addition to any assemblage of 1960s sports cars.

Read more at SUPERCARS.NET - Image Gallery for 1965 Ford GT40 Mark I

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
That's the plan.............Anyone know a Superformance dealer?

Ummmm.... Well there used to be this guy.... :)

So you've made up your mind on Superformance eh? :thumbsup:

Looking forward to reading your build thread!

Check this out. Wally

The provenance of P/1065 is bolstered by a thoroughly documented record of continuous ownership, one that has been officially corroborated by both the Shelby Registry and the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. Furthermore, this car has been featured in a number of books and magazine articles about the GT40 model, including Ford GT40 by John S. Allen, GT40: An Individual History and Race Record by Ronnie Spain, the September 1978 issue of Autocar and the Spring 1984 issue of Supercar Classics. P/1065 was also photographed extensively for the substantial entry on the GT40 featured in Ultimate Automobiles by Alberto Martinez and Jose Rosinski.Show more.
Over the last year, this car has also undergone a substantial restoration that has included a rebuild of the engine, transmission, brakes and suspension, and a repaint in its original color. This work, conducted by Driver Source Fine Motor Cars of Houston, Texas, incurred roughly $100,000 in receipts, and ensures that the next owner is afforded the full potential of this car’s breathtaking performance and arresting presentation. Offered in its original color of Azure Blue without racing stripes, featuring Halibrand wheels and still displaying a remarkably low mileage of just under 3,200 miles, this GT40 Mk I is a heart-stopping example of the exhilarating American sports car that captivated the world. It is accompanied by full documentation of its recent restoration work, including receipts, parts orders, and numerous photographs. Indisputably rare, beautifully finished and historically rich, P/1065 is a striking testament to the early road-going counterpoint that such production cars offered to the model’s celebrated racing achievements. It would easily qualify as the crown jewel of most collections and would make a peerless addition to any assemblage of 1960s sports cars.

Read more at SUPERCARS.NET - Image Gallery for 1965 Ford GT40 Mark I

Anyone know the paint code and type of the original Azure blue it was supposed painted back to??

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/car-...llector-cars/english/1278-1966-ford-gt40-mk-i

Thanks!

John

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
JCPerformance / John,

Welcome to GT40s.com

Please do us a favor and review our FAQ (link below) and make the appropriate adjustment to your user name as identified by rule number 2:
GT40s.com - FAQ

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Back