Does this site include '05-'06 Ford GTs?

I heard that there was a design clinic once before they hardened the design so that would have been around 2001 or 2002. A design clinic is an event staged at a hotel in a private showroom where you show selected members of the public (usually owners of cars in the same ballpark) a clay model very finished and then have around it 3 or 4 competitive cars and give them a long questionaire to check boxes like "which nose do you like better?" etc. The questions rework around to being asked again to see if you're just winging it. I went to one for the Jaguar XK8 many years ago. You usualy get paid $25 to $50 and get some snacks (whoopie!). I think that design clinic is where they decided they had to go back and re-do the nose of the car to be more traditional but am not sure. Does anyone know if they had the clinic and if the results were written up in a report?

I think Ford never mentioned it because they might be embarrassed they were working in a wrong direction and had to go back and start over in one area.

Movie companies do this all the time, showing rough cut previews a few months before the filmis released, one time I went to one of those and the main actor, Alex Baldwin, was outside the door waiting for opinions and I had to tell him I didn't believe him cast as a Hispanic...

Does this site include '05-'06 Ford GTs?

Hello Wallace,

Not really, there are other sites & owners clubs out there.

I can not think of any manufacturers that 'advertise' customer clinic results, that would not seem to serve any useful purpose to them.
Plenty of the design process & early clays ( before it was even decided that the car would be a GT homage ) are already published in various books, such as Larry Edsalls 'Ford GT The legend comes to life'

Regards Steve

Alan,

Google results are specific to where you are in the world. When I google "ford gt" the 7th entry is about the Australian Ford Falcon GT.

What link are you referring to?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I think it would be very interesting to see the various different concepts that they considered. Although its an all together different car, larger and modern, I think they did a great job getting the porportions and overall feel of the 40.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Alan,

Google results are specific to where you are in the world. When I google "ford gt" the 7th entry is about the Australian Ford Falcon GT.

What link are you referring to?

Of course, but my answer was a bit, shall we say, facetious. This particular OP seems to require a larger than normal amount of hand-holding.

The Ford GT Forum

Last edited:
:eek:Theres this guy named GTJOEY, nice gent, he has a book that sold out and a second edition thats almost all gone. "THE COMPLETE FORD GT OWNERS EXPERIENCE", Its all in there..
I think he might even own the car your looking for, cp-1?
Nice guy, a little flashy but from what I hear he's okay.
Pm me your telephone if you would like some details, I hear he has volumes on that stuff.....
Enjoy
GTJOEY, going to Amelia Island to wrap up around the world in a ford gt......

Back