v8 supercars in texas

g"day everyone i am heading over to texas for the supercars
in may and was wondering if anyone would like to catch up
for a beer and a feed /talk gt40 stuff
and to possibly see some of the fantastic
cars that you blokes are building over there
cheers chris

Chris,

Sorry I can't make the COTA event. If you haven't made the first two COTA events, try to get Grandstand 15 seating. From there you can see 12 through 15 and if in the upper rows, you can get views of the "Esses"....Short walks to the Paddocks and Pits if open. I stayed at the Staybridge Suites on Airport BLVD which was only about 15 minutes from the track for the Grand AM and parked in "F" lot (stayed in Groene, TX for Formula One...about an hour away from the shuttles). Either way, be prepared for a hike to the track. Enjoy!!

hello doc thanks for the heads up the track layout and accomodation
i am over there for about ten days so hope to get around a bit
was that grandstand general addmission or restricted when you were there once again thanks for your info doc
all the best
chris

Chris,

These were "Premium Grandstand" tickets for the Grand AM, which I suspect will be the same for the V8s. I Paid $59 USD for a two day pass that allowed Paddock/Pit access. But, we didn't have to sit in our assigned seats....pretty much sit wherever you like. BTW, you won't need to carry a stadium seat as these GS have seat backs and arm rests, just bring your square seat foam. :thumbsup:

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

I live in Austin and, business travel permitting, will be attending the V8 Supercar races. I own a SPF GT40 (P2270) and an RCR Lola T70. If I'm in town, I would be happy to meet up, have a beer and talk cars. You can PM me when race day gets closer. I should know my travel schedule about 2 weeks prior.

Best,

Glenn

If you come to Dallas I'll buy you a beer or few and talk cars. I don't have a 40 but do have a Cobra. :)

hello glenn and dallas will contact you both a couple of weeks before
hand and dallas not sure how far away dallas is but hopefully we can
catch up don't feel bad about not having a gt40 because mine is more
like a basket case and that cobra of yours looks like a real weapon
never seen one with a tilt front before i also own a cobra but not as
flash as that may not have enough time for the supercars may be to busy
looking at cobras/gt40 and drinking
thanks fellas
chris

Back