P111 question

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Look at all the rivets in that chassis! If you were rebuilding a chassis, would you not want it to be at least as strong as designed? I think the spot welds would be much stronger and obviously more original.

Other than some of the misplaced / relocated components, There is something about the engine bay that just doesn't click with me, but I am no Ronnie Spain... It will be interesting what Ronnie says..

Look at all the rivets in that chassis! If you were rebuilding a chassis, would you not want it to be at least as strong as designed? I think the spot welds would be much stronger and obviously more original.

Other than some of the misplaced / relocated components, There is something about the engine bay that just doesn't click with me, but I am no Ronnie Spain... It will be interesting what Ronnie says..

Think Aluminum/Aluminium Randy- hence the lack of spot welds:), if thats all it takes to get a historic passport for FIA etc I might need to buy a new riveter!

Hi Gents,

This car has been reported before on here, search under the correct chassis number GT 111 ( not GT40P/111 or P111 that's all wrong ! ) for more info.

Regards Steve

This is the car. Complete fake.
For the last 20 years every seller has been trying to pass it as a real one as the original chassis 111 (the roadster) was missing after the Targa Florio accident.
Is a very rough replica. You do not need Mr Spain to certify that or realize about it.
As soon as you would inspect it you´d realize that thing has nothing to do with the real deal.

By the way, the real Chassis 111 will be in Barcelona attending the Spirit of Montjuïc for the 50th anniversary celebrations on April 12/14

Attachments

• vintage_gt40_6.jpg
    vintage_gt40_6.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 252

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Think Aluminum/Aluminium Randy- hence the lack of spot welds:), if thats all it takes to get a historic passport for FIA etc I might need to buy a new riveter!

Well I'll be......

After closer inspection - You're right!!!!

:thumbsup:

Back