Nice gt40

Very nice car

For Sale: Ford GT40 Replica

What´s the story behind ? ( other than that what is written in the ad)
1fordgt40.jpg

7fordgt40.jpg

TOM

dave brown is that also the DBR GT40 builder?

also found this I guess the same car?

Ford GT40 - Tonys Cars and Kayaks

they also speak about the attention for detail like this>>

Dave's dedication to building accurate replica's is evident in the exhaust system on this car, it is the only replica I have seen that has a cross over exhaust (this means two cylinders from each engine bank feed into one collector and vice versa). The originals were like this and it gives the car a very distinctive sound.

gt40-2.jpg

came also across another made by him so the pictures says,
nice colour also>>

Attachments

• Aston Martin racing colour X50ZqnJS.jpg
    Aston Martin racing colour X50ZqnJS.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 459
  • Aston Martin racing colour xiKhwOkF.jpg
    Aston Martin racing colour xiKhwOkF.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 343
also came across this on another 40 website, don't know the year maybe 2008? his first chassis so it says>>

In pride of place was the first David Brown replica monocoque from New Zealand.

great to see so I place also that picture here>

PB260093.jpg

also some writing about FIA possible approval by that picture in that year, so good be interesting for some byers.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
some short great story about the man here>>

Dave Brown model just like the original | Stuff.co.nz

out that>>

:D

In the picture with the Southland Times article you can just make out the rear of the green and dark grey car, without the rear clip, shown in the next post at the top left of the photo as it nears completion, and another monocoque at the top right. Dave took me for a spin in the green and grey car before it was shipped off to Australia - truly memorable.

Ah ok thanks for the input.

Did not know that Dave is doing the steelroofs as well. On my search for someone supplying me with roofpanels in alumium i´ve been told that he is not.
Never contacted him personaly on that topic.

TOM

Brian Stewart
Supporter
All the monos I've seen at Dave's have had steel roofs. I can't vouch for the dark blue one at the beginning of this thread as I have not seen it in person, but I assume it has a steel roof as well.

Back