Mirage GT40s

A coupe of years ago, I spoke with Harley Cluxton about the Mirage continuation cars he was contemplating. I would be interested, but for the price of admission ($500,000 and up. Ouch!). Yesterday, Barry Sale, who has a Mk V in his shop, told me that there is another outfit in the U.K. building Mirage replicas, (other than Gelscoe, the company building Mirages for Harley). Does anyone know who the other craftsman are?
Thanks in advance.

DJS, I believe there is one being auctioned in England on May 15th. Here's the website: Welcome to Brightwells Auctioneers and Valuers then go to the "classic vehicles" link. They will have more info on the car and its maker I should think. It has a certain "patina" but they estimate the car will sell for between 80 - 100,000 British pounds. Certainly a lot less the the 500K Mr. Cluxton is asking.

Last edited:
DJS, I believe there is one being auctioned in England on May 15th. They will have more info on the car and its maker I should think. It has a certain "patina" but they estimate the car will sell for between 80 - 100,000 British pounds. Certainly a lot less the the 500K Mr. Cluxton is asking.

Let's not get carried away.
It's a replica, owned by a Club member and advertised by him in Fortyfication for the past year.
It has never pretended to be anything else.

No getting carried away here Tony. I was aware its a replica as is the one Mr. Cluxton will make. I just wanted to point out to DJS that one was available at a far lower price. Thanks for clarifying that point though.

Back