Hennessey Ford GT sets 267mph record

March 23, 2013 - Beeville, Texas - Patrick O'Gorman drove Mark Heidaker's Hennessey-prepared Ford GT to a new Texas Mile world record speed of 267.6 mph.

"Camo GT" broke its previous standing mile record speed of 263.3 mph which was also set at the October, 2012 running of the Texas Mile.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVg3oXKt8s8]Hennessey Ford GT 267.6 mph Texas Mile World Record - YouTube[/ame]

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That has to be the most hideous wrap ever. Great pass, ugly car!

And Performance Power was a no show...

Too bad it's built by a crook :(

hennesscrewed.jpg

My friends brother in law was running a 2,000 hp Camaro there, shooting to beat Hennessey. Got up to 253 last time out.

Attachments

• Texas Mile - Before.jpg
    Texas Mile - Before.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 375
Unfortunately his front splitter came off at 240 resulting in an end over end crash. He did survive and is ok. Car not so much.

Attachments

• Texas Mile - After 2.jpg
    Texas Mile - After 2.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 440
  • Texas Mile - After.jpg
    Texas Mile - After.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 481
A car is more like an airplane at those speeds. Wow.

Should be using an auto-sequential box of some kind, would shave a fair bit of time off the shifting.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Why I guess is my question? Who has the biggest set of gonads? Its sort of like those guys who keep free diving to crazy stupid levels and knowing that they probability of survival is slim. I guess I am to much a chicken for that stuff. Where do you get speed rated tires for 250 MPH + anyway? :)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Too bad it's built by a crook :(

hennesscrewed.jpg

Yes, despite Mr. Hennesey's "reputation" he is able to garner continued press in the buff books. Some poor schlub who runs a shop and makes one error or bad judgement gets hung out while the bad actors keep getting parts.................

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I guess I am to much a chicken for that stuff.

+1

Too often there's a not-so-fine line between "chicken" and 'dead' in situations like these. Unfortunately, some find out exactly where that line is drawn a nanosecond too late. "Chicken" works for me...

(An aside: I've read where Bugatti's "production car" speed record is now under review by Guinness due to the car's electronic 'limiter being shut off for said record run. Evidently the car has to be run exactly as the factory delivers it...and Bugatti delivers their cars with their limiters 'on' [otherwise why have them, right?]. Picky, picky, picky!)

(An aside: I've read where Bugatti's "production car" speed record is now under review by Guinness due to the car's electronic 'limiter being shut off for said record run. Evidently the car has to be run exactly as the factory delivers it...and Bugatti delivers their cars with their limiters 'on' [otherwise why have them, right?]. Picky, picky, picky!)

The Sunday Times reported that Guinness World Records have already decided to withdraw the top speed title from Bugatti for this very reason.

Read the article here: Exclusive: Guinness withdraws speed record from Bugatti Veyron | Sunday Times Driving

Back