kva brake cylinders

hi, could anyone possibly help, i have seized brake cylinders on the rear wheels on my mk1 kva, we have possibly identified them as vw, but unsure of what model, car or van. thankyou.

Hi, it sounds like a very early KVA if its got VW rear brakes. The first ones I seem to remember had VW Variant rear hubs and brakes, I could be wrong so check with others. By the time they got to mine, chassis No 61, they were using Mk1 or Mk2 Ford Granada rear hubs and brakes. The thing with early KVA`s was that you were left on your own to use whatever you could find or wanted as they famously came with no build manual. Hope this helps. Kev

Kev

Just out of info does you KVA have the build number stamped anywhere on it ? Or do you just know that it is No 61?

Cheers

Sorry to hijack the thread but mine are Granada too so cannot help I am afraid.

thankyou to you both for the information regarding the cylinders. Funnily it states Granada on the v5, but the garage doing the repair believes their vw.Will also look for the chassis number, out of interest. thankyou again.

Hi again,
No chassis number was marked on my chassis. I ordered No69 but some people dropped out and it was No61 marked on body when I collected it from Swansea.
The Granada mentioned on the v5 probably means he used a Granada v5 and maybe just changed a few details. The use of a v5 from another car was quite common until they tightened up the rules.
Cheers, Kev.

Back