"Go Like Hell" movie coming

Hey guys--many of you have read the book "Go Like Hell" which is a telling of the Shelby/Ford/Iacocca/GT40/Ferrari/Le Mans story in a gripping, page-turning format. Now it looks like it's going to be turned into a Michael Mann movie, perhaps spurred on by the presumed success of the new Ron Howard flick, "Rush"

Check it out:

Michael Mann to Direct GO LIKE HELL

I help you hoping... if it has to appeal to a large audience they probably have to add a lot 'we' don't really need. Nevertheless, we can't have too many movies on racing and cars.

John

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
We were to supply 20 or so MKII cars for use in this film including replicas of the 3 that finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

First the film was on, then off, then on again and now on hold.

They have a Director and had even got Brad Pitt, Russell Crowe and Eric Banner to agree to be in the film.

Anyway we are still waiting for the call that its a go.

Thanks

Andy

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Yesterday I just finished reading the book.
Fantastic read.
As stated above, I doubt Hollywood would do it justice.
Unnecessary love interests etc...blah.
Shame its off though.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
As stated above, I doubt Hollywood would do it justice.
Unnecessary love interests etc...blah.

You're right, of course. But years ago in the days of VHS tapes I took the movie "Top Gun" and edited out any scene that did not have an airplane in it. The result was much more fun to watch than the original.

Pat

Supporter
I suspect that if the Ron Howard's F1 film "Rush" does well it could revive interest in "Go Like Hell".

Back