Bailey GT-40s?

I hope to be a future GT40 owner and read up on all the offerings in the marketplace.

I came across Bailey Cars GT40---and the cars look okay from what I can see on the internet.

The brand rarely seems to come up in discussion; what's the scoop? Good quality"

Thanks,

DandyDon

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I know nothing about them other than they build a beautiful 917 as well.

CPR_5665.JPG

The Bailey cars are made in South Africa. Seems there was one on the west coast a few years back. I had contact with them in 08 about buying some parts but never pulled the trigger. There is some nice videos of GT40s on you tube of one on the track Zwartkopts (forgive my spelling my wife's Affrikaans is better than mine).

The Bailey cars have been under constant race development for nearly 10 years.
They are very fast track cars and rule the roost here in SA with 7xgt40s, 3x917s and a T70 Can Am.
Their gt40s on Goodyear Blue Streaks lap considerably quicker than modern GT2 Porsches or 430Modenas on full slicks.
The 917s spectacular as they are, seldom finish a race day. The blown Porsce engines don't last and the normally aspirated ones also don't stack up against the GT40 horde.
The rules in SA are much wider open and as a result the development is away from original with ally clad space frames and suspension componentry that now defies original lay-outs.

I love their cars and the spectacle they provide, however for the choice towards a monocoque and concourse type finish on a street legal car, i dealt with another supplier for my 40.

The Bailey cars have been under constant race development for nearly 10 years.
They are very fast track cars and rule the roost here in SA with 7xgt40s, 3x917s and a T70 Can Am.
Their gt40s on Goodyear Blue Streaks lap considerably quicker than modern GT2 Porsches or 430Modenas on full slicks.
The 917s spectacular as they are, seldom finish a race day. The blown Porsce engines don't last and the normally aspirated ones also don't stack up against the GT40 horde.
The rules in SA are much wider open and as a result the development is away from original with ally clad space frames and suspension componentry that now defies original lay-outs.

I love their cars and the spectacle they provide, however for the choice towards a monocoque and concourse type finish on a street legal car, i dealt with another supplier for my 40.

Johann-Thank you very much for your candidness. It sounds like Bailey is more tuned to the race course than street. Out of curiosity, what brand did you pick for your street car? Are you satisfied with the end product?

Regards- DandyDon

Back