GT Development GT40---Poole,UK?

I've come across an ad for a low mileage Gt40 replica, LHD, built by GT Development in the UK (Poole).

I put the name in the "search" function, but nothing comes up.

Does anyone know anything about this company or the quality of their products?

Thanks- DandyDon

Hi Don where is the car listed for sale?

I'm probably not interested. I'm leaning towards an ERA at this moment in time.

A dealer has it: Google Lakeside LLC, Spring Lake, MI Ph. 616-842-1020

Asking price is $79,995.

DandyDon

I took a peek at the photos on their web-site and this is a nice looking car. I'm sure you can do better on the asking price though. Unreal mileage for this vintage assuming its legit.

Anyone know where I can get a set of those seats? Those are as close to the original looking seats I've seen. Anyone with an old GTD with those seats looking to unload them PLEASE PM me.

The car is now showing as SOLD on the website. Did you buy it, Don?

No, not me? I'm leaning more towards the ERA cars. I had an ERA 427 Cobra and their quality is top notch.

I'm fairly tall----6 ft 2in----240#, so I need to sit in one and see how I fit.

First time being tall has been a PIA.

DandyDon

I think I just bought that gt 40 out of Michigan. I brought it into Canada. It was in good shape changed all the fluids and checked everything. cut the steering shaft by about 4 inches and put a quick release on. moved the shifter closer to the back it sits better now for the driver.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
No, not me? I'm leaning more towards the ERA cars. I had an ERA 427 Cobra and their quality is top notch.

I'm fairly tall----6 ft 2in----240#, so I need to sit in one and see how I fit.

First time being tall has been a PIA.

DandyDon

Don,

You should be okay for fit, I'm 6' 1" and 200 lbs and I can wear a helmet in my ERA. Depending what chassis # you find I'm told the later style seats offer more head room still.

Good luck,
Julian

I drove it to the heated garage for the winter drove well the shifter is not a tight pattern but works. I need a rear view mirror and better side mirrors but all and all very good.

Back