GT40 Gullwing With Electric Glass Windows

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Interior.jpgWindow%20Open.jpgDSCN2237.jpg
Sitting%20Pretty.jpg

Robert, are you laying the ground work for 2285? Do I see wings in your future? I recall this car in a build thread from some years ago (I think)...very nicely done but personally not something I would do to my CAV.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Robert, are you laying the ground work for 2285? Do I see wings in your future? I recall this car in a build thread from some years ago (I think)...very nicely done but personally not something I would do to my CAV.

Hello Jimmy,

I enjoy reading your posts on this forum, no matter the thread or subject. Thank you for them.

I have the same virus many others have on this and other forums: (TheGrassAlwaysLooksGreener), but so far, and even without drugs or too much wine, I've kept the symptoms at bay. It's a challenge for me to attempt to balance these aspects: keeping as much of my GT40's traditional, and historical appearance in tact as possible, while exploring possible appropriate embellishments.

There's one poster on this forum that for unknown reasons, remains horrified and indignant I removed the rear window. Others like the old Smith dash gauges, and would never consider changing them as I have, and so on.

I try not to conduct my life based too much on what others think, yet I'm always interested in their wisdom, ideas, and opinions. Only a fool never changes their mind.

Let's just say that Lambo doors do not interest me for a GT40. Gullwing doors capture my imagination, but I struggle with those on the GT40 too.

Losing the plexiglass hinged window would be a major retreat from my GT40's traditional and historical appearance. So, I would most likely not move in that direction either.

I continue to fancy acquiring two additional doors, and explore making a GT40 Spider though, especially because one could easily change back and forth, and a spider would be especially practical in mild and dryer climates.

As always, I appreciate and enjoy your opinions. Thanks for always sharing them with great poise and clarity. Robert :thumbsup:

Robert the one thing the power gullwings bring to mind is the old Bricklins. Looked cool but left many people standing in the rain waiting for them to raise. I do like the power glass though

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Robert the one thing the power gullwings bring to mind is the old Bricklins. Looked cool but left many people standing in the rain waiting for them to raise. I do like the power glass though

Tim, Thanks for your thoughts. They are good ones . . .

I followed your link. What a special GT40 Coupe project. Wow, you took on some work there. I looked at the photos and played the short video. Loved the sound but wasn't able to discern the sound, which sounded like a form of FI. Great site. Thanks for sharing! Robert

Nice job!

I am currently building a GT40 roadster/spyder, you will find it under the build logs:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/41622-german-gt40-interpretation.html

It is always a challenge taking the hacksaw and change such an iconic car into something different, but it has been done to the GT40 in its history all the time...narrow body, wide body, MKII, MKII Roadster, Mirage, from the Mirage back to the GT40 body...it is basically done with just changing the fiberglass bodyparts, so there is always a way back!

Axel

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Nice job!

I am currently building a GT40 roadster/spyder, you will find it under the build logs:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/41622-german-gt40-interpretation.html

Axel

Enjoyed the thread and all the posts. I especially liked the photos and concept renderings. I also now like the use of the word Roaster much better than spyder, especially since I somehow can never remember to spell it correctly :laugh:. Keep up the good work. I'm anxious to monitor the evolution of your dream car. :thumbsup: Thanks, Robert

Tim, Thanks for your thoughts. They are good ones . . .

I followed your link. Loved the sound but wasn't able to discern the sound, which sounded like a form of FI. Great site. Thanks for sharing! Robert

Yes it is Ford OEM FI. The drive line is right out of a 2002 Mustang GT complete with ABS and traction control

Back