Cav / auto futura

FORUM MEMBERS:

I'm not a spokesperson for CAV but I am a proud owner of serial # 82 and wanted to let the forum members know CAV / AUTO FUTURA is now under new management and ownership. Jean Foure the man behind CAV sold his shares in the company to a new consortium who want to take Jean's dream of producing one of the world's great GT40 replica's to new levels. This transition took place late last year and changes are already happening with agreements being made with new company's to help improve this car even more. Most of you know major changes took place through Jean's leadership with all cars holding serial numbers above 100. These changes created a car that helped taller owners realize their dreams as much as owners (like me!) who are vertically challenged. CAV cars have some of the "roomiest" interiors of all the replica car manufacturers and I can add some of the nicest appointed. (leather seats, dash and AC for example)

I can also report I've had reason to reach out recently to CAV to inquire about parts and received a response from new CEO, Jordi Reddy, in short order offering me help and assistance. WOW!

I recently checked out their new web-site (CAV | The Ultimate GT40 Modernisation) too which details the build process and overall quality of what I consider to be one of the top if not top GT40 manufactures in the world.

I've heard details of prices going up for certain manufacturers and I confess I'm unaware of what a CAV "roller" goes for these days but if the details of what I'm hearing is true then a CAV should be a car well worth looking into if you're in the market for a new one.

Safe driving to all, J. Patton

Jimmy, it will be a few months before I am able to comment on the CAV GT itself. But I can confirm that I also found Jordi Reddy at CAV and Johann Keyser at CAV America in Raleigh, NC to be very responsive. CAV #180 is in chassis assembly now, and is on schedule for early May shipment. If that happens, then we are looking at about 6 months from deposit to delivery of a rolling chassis (turn key, minus drive train).

I would rather not discuss CAV pricing. That is really for Johann and Jordi to do. But if someone is looking for a factory build, as I was, you ought to consider CAV and make an inquiry. Apparently, #180 now has a sibling for another US customer:thumbsup: I wonder if it is someone here?

Sam

CAV137 here... I emailed Jean before I knew of the ownership transfer. Jean is still apparently consulting for CAV and he was quite helpful with my request for the parts I need and am looking for to do a right hand conversion to my car. Great group all!

Pat

Supporter
I've had similar experience with CAV. Last summer I needed a new A/C compressor and I literally had an upgraded model from CAV in my hands in three days! I upgraded the radiator brackets and those parts were to me in days. They are fantastic in their customer service and responsiveness. My car is now over 10 years old and because of their support, better then ever. One of their secrets is Candace who handles a lot of the logistics and admin. She is great at getting things done.

I wanted to post this for quite a while after I had been in email contact with Jordi Reddy from CAV for several times now asking bothering him with questions about his cars and also used CAV cars I was interested in and although he knew that chances were quite remote that I would order a new car he was still extremely helpful and very responsive.

I am still contemplating buying a used one already registered in Austria because from what I know it is almost impossible to import and register a new one these days. Currently there is only one for sale in Austria which is a post #100 model built in 2008 but it does not meet all my expectations (e.g. its a wide body whe I would be looking for a regular one being more user friendly for street use). However, I just learned that there might be a remote chance to register a GT40 replica as a historic car so in the end I might even be able to realise my dream of having a GT40 built to my specifications so Jordi, perhaps you will be hearing from me soon.

I will also be posting my experience in comparing CAV with SPF in another thread and in my opinion for a tall driver there is no other choice than going for a CAV and also in terms of quality (at least from what I could tell from test driving both models) I personally prefer CAV over SPF. I need to add that I am not looking for the most authentic but most practical car.

Jordi, keep on improving your CAV GT40 like you have done in the past and I am sure you will attract many happy buyers.

Last edited:
Well said Thomas. I hope you are soon able to realize your dreams. Austria has some stunning roads for a CAV GT40.

Back