Saw this in San José.

Owner a forum member?

Attachments

• 2014-04-24 10.45.00.jpg
    2014-04-24 10.45.00.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 570

Howard Jones

Supporter
This a pretty nice CAV owned by a friend of mine in Northern California. I believe he is either selling it or seriously considering doing so.

347, Webbers, 6 speed ZF, I believe once was owned by Carroll himself.

If it is the car I think it is...its owned by Pat Buckley (formerly of Nor Cal), now residing in Atlanta Ga.

And it is for sale. I believe what HJ says is essentially correct. I'm not sure where Pat is advertising it, but he does mention that he is selling it on a thread on the clubcobra forum.

He's a member here too. If you're interested, I bet he'd respond to a PM.

Howard Jones

Supporter
On second look I am going to hedge my bet. The car I am thinking about looks exactly like this one except it has canards on the nose. I know the owner and I spoke with him a week ago. Bob............you there?

Pat's selling? This car is different then how I recall Pat's car looking. Pat's is a CAV and its red but the wheels on Pat's were black, no sill stripe and his car sat much lower to the wheel at the rear. I also heard Mr. Shelby had some connection to Pat's car. If true, shame to see him selling.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I will direct my friend Bob to this web page and you can take it from there. If he is still selling his car. It looks damn near exactly like this one, so we'll let him do whatever he wishes.

I may have a couple of pictures of his car at my house from a couple of years ago. If I do I'll post them when I get home this evening.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I just checked, my car is still in the garage and also in Hemmings!

No sill stripes, black wheels, black mirrors....built for Mr. Shelby.

Simply not using it, playing golf.

Pat

Supporter
Both are beautiful cars. I wonder what the pricing might be. When I show my CAV I'm frequently asked where someone can buy one and aside from referring them to Johann at CAV I don't have any idea on available used ones except for what's advertised on the forum.
In the San Jose car, it's interesting they way they've mounted the radiator return hose junction.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
One of our customers has a nice Gulf livery CAV available. He has a Superformance MK I on order and the CAV will need to go to make room in his garage (next to his Superformance MK II "FIA".....

Contact me and I will forward the message to the customer.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I think I may be afoul of the cars for sale rules. If I am, I plead stupid and trying to help answer a question. Should the Mod need to remove my post that's cool.

In any case these two cars really look alike (are both really nice cars) and the one I am talking about is confirmed personally.

Prices are what they are and are certainly negotiable. The buyer and seller will need to work that out.

My buddy who owns an original just bought a replica to show at the track. I cannot wait. My son will flip. The purr of an original is just stupid how it causes excitement. I am a huge Porsche 911 Turbo fan and have driven a fair share of those. This thing (1965 GT40) makes it crap its pants with envy. I hope the mods don't pull this one.

I think someone needs to buy it soon (if for sale). We should figure out a car timeshare like properties. These things are so insanely priced. If I had the means, it would be mine, but I just ride in my buddy's. I refuse to drive the original. I would cry if I wrecked it. Of course, the replica is another story. If I get to drive it, there will be pics here this weekend!!!!!!!:laugh:

My buddy who owns an original just bought a replica to show at the track. I cannot wait. My son will flip. The purr of an original is just stupid how it causes excitement. I am a huge Porsche 911 Turbo fan and have driven a fair share of those. This thing (1965 GT40) makes it crap its pants with envy. I hope the mods don't pull this one.

I think someone needs to buy it soon (if for sale). We should figure out a car timeshare like properties. These things are so insanely priced. If I had the means, it would be mine, but I just ride in my buddy's. I refuse to drive the original. I would cry if I wrecked it. Of course, the replica is another story. If I get to drive it, there will be pics here this weekend!!!!!!!:laugh:

Ok... moved back due to weather. We are not CA. Rains too much. Eventually!

Back