Does anyone know this car (or it's owner)?

I think that's 1071.

I've attached a photo I took of it at Le Mans in 2005. I think it was there for a parade lap of the track before the race (the 2005 Legends race was for cars from 1939 to 1955).

Attachments

• DSC00466s.jpg
    DSC00466s.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 463
Thanks Ben but I think this is a different one - not only because of the different number but also different rims, different colour of the rear air intakes etc but still your pic is of help for me as I particularly like the style of the middle stripe.

The pictures were taken three years apart, so things could have changed (such as the number on the door and the wheels). They both have the driver info written on the door in a similar style.

Here's photo of the same driver and I think the same car in 2007 (the stripe is a thick blue stripe with two thin red lines)

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/photo/main-gallery/12-ford-gt40-mark-lemmer-flavien-2/
(if it pops up a survey, click "none" to skip it).

Last edited:
Hi Thomas,

I just had a look at the 2008 programme for you.
Plateau 4 & 5 both had 66 entries that year, so #67 would probably be the first reserve if another car dropped out.
Unfortunately there is no information on the reserve cars in the programme.
It would be unusual for a GT40 to be on the reserve list at L.M.C

Regards Steve

Thanks, you are right, car No 12 seems to be the same as No 64 but I still think that my original pic No 67 shows a different car but don't worry, it's not that important - I was just trying to locate some better pics of the very style No 67 is wearing on my original pic

Keith

The pictures were taken three years apart, so things could have changed (such as the number on the door and the wheels). They both have the driver info written on the door in a similar style.

Here's photo of the same driver and I think the same car in 2007 (the stripe is a thick blue stripe with two thin red lines)

#12 Ford GT40: Mark Lemmer, Flavien Marcais | Main gallery | Photos | Motorsport.com
(if it pops up a survey, click "none" to skip it).

Well if you accept that both the front and rear clips have been changed in the 3 years then yes, it could be the same car...:)

But unlikely...

"Hi". If this is GT40P/1071, then I think it belongs to Mark Finburgh from London. He's owned it since the early 1970s and also owns the David Piper crashed Porsche 917K. I don't believe Mark has ever raced his GT40 however, although I do know he drives it on parade laps. It is probably one of the most original GT40s anywhere. Mark even has the original 289ci stored in the back of his garage. I also believe the car usually resides in a museum in Belgium. Mark is a fellow member of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club - Front Page
If this is not GT40P/1071, then forget the above!!! Regards.. Andrew

Back