Do you know this GT40 owner ?

I would like to get in contact with the owner of this GTD GT40
He bought it 2 years ago from 40Fan Erich not sure if he is in this Forum, it went to AR

Any info is much appreciated

Thanks
Maui

Attachments

• DSC_9884.JPG
    DSC_9884.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC_9898.JPG
    DSC_9898.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 367

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
A better question is, how many MKI and MKII's were LHD/CS? :D
Huh? My question was legitimate. I've seen a few MkIs with rear vents and would like to know if that was an original configuration back in the day? Its not a bad looking car. Maybe try again?

Scott is right. The only MK I cars I'm aware of with the periscoops are the Alan Mann cars. I also have them on my CAV. I wanted mine to be functional but could never find photo's of how Mann set his up or for what reason he installed them. I took a guess and lo and behold when seeing photos of GT 105 I saw many similarities in the way they routed air to the brakes and the way I completed mine. Not sure if mine actually work but they look finished and certainly not out of place in the engine compartment.

Thanks Mike.....you can really see Mr. Mann was doing his own thing at the back of the car. The side scoops are completely different also which is probably why he did the periscoops. I just wish someone had a few photos of the inside of the rear of this car.

Wish I had Mr Spain's book. Why do the Mann cars not have P#s?

My understanding is that they were built especially for him. They had all-aluminum chassis which made them different from the Ford cars...how could they have been run under the Ford homologation? Perhaps they weren't, and were considered "Alan Mann" cars rather than "Ford" cars?

Here's a couple, got some others elsewhere that I cant find at moment.
Thanks Mike.....you can really see Mr. Mann was doing his own thing at the back of the car. The side scoops are completely different also which is probably why he did the periscoops. I just wish someone had a few photos of the inside of the rear of this car.

Attachments

• Chassis%20AMGT1%20No25%20red%20Whiitmore%20Gardner%20Seb%2066.jpg
    Chassis%20AMGT1%20No25%20red%20Whiitmore%20Gardner%20Seb%2066.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 232
  • Picture%2520015.jpg
    Picture%2520015.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

DSC_8507-L.jpg

DSC_8524-Edit-L.jpg

Ford-GT40--AM-Lightweight-.jpg

Sorry folks but one day i will find pictures of the rear clips off the Alan Mann lightweights I have. Like Mike said all Alan Manns cars were built by his team even the MKII entries for 1966 Le Mans. The chassis were numbered AM GT-1 and 2 for the Lightweights and XGT-1,2 and 3 for the MKII's.
You may know already that the Lightweights were what Alan Mann wanted to race at Le Mans but after a test I think it was at Silverstone between his Lightweights and the MKII the test drivers of Grahame Hill and Jackie Stewart opted for the MKII. So Ford did! So Alan Mann had to use them as he was contractually bound. They were entered under the Prototype group.

Maui, sorry about the major thread drift to your enquiry but I think based on the responses so far not many have the info you're looking for. Shame, neat car.

Back