New Ford GT at Lemans?

Pat

Supporter
Wow, that's fantastic. This is the first I've heard about the possibility of a new Ford GT. While it would surprise me if they did another GT, at the PRI show last year the Ford marketing guys were talking about the Mustang SVT racing effort being expanded with the roll out of the GT350. You figure every über product launch has to start with "spy shots" at the Nürburgring.

2016 Ford Mustang GT350 (SVT) Spy Shots - Video Update

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Would be interesting given the so called insider has been saying no way for a long time. The inflated FGT market would deflate back to real world values pretty quick. If you're a buyer right now, I have some beachfront in AZ for sale :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
One can only hope...

I've spent over 100k with Ford over the last three years.. Put that money to work!!!

It is a rendering by Camillo who now works for GM. He is no longer working for ford.
This is only what he would do with the car.

I doubt there will be a resurrection of the 2006 GT tooling, factory space, machining etc. If a window to do this existed it would have been during the production run back in the day for a limited race version for the 40th anniversary to compete.

Zero chance (IMHO).

Chris

Last edited:
Back