GT40 North America

I'm looking at a GT40 by North America and wanted to know if it's considered a quality Kit. I do know they went out of business or were sold and parts may be hard to find. Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gary

I posted this earlier and someone removed it, Why?

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I don't know anything about the quality of their product, but the lack of available parts would be a huge concern for me. Particularly for any parts that are unique to their cars.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey, dude signed up with genolan for display and login name. Ain't nobody's mama called them genolan, turns out that hunch was right since his name is Gary.

Just following the rules.

Lets get back to the original question!!
Is the GT40 North America kit any good?
Thanks

I don't know, all I can see is what I find in a quick look around the net.... If the PR blurb is correct it would appear that the SON of Eric Broadley was involved in the design & assembly by ex indy car mechanics.... now whether Andrew Broadley inherited his dads talents and the ex indy mechanics were really good is up to you to judge, car appears to have a lot of carbon fiber in its body and trim, Roush engines are apparently initial engine fit and Zf trans, BUT if your a bit sceptical and look around you will find that some cars appear to have Renault trans, Roush have their share of engine problems etc.... what Im suggesting is you have to look at the individual car in any replica purchase. These cars seem to have departed from the originality definition of a 'real' GT40 with rear suspension etc, but then not as much as some other brands. 16 originally built, can you get parts if you need them? your choice at the end of the day.

I don't know, all I can see is what I find in a quick look around the net.... If the PR blurb is correct it would appear that the SON of Eric Broadley was involved in the design & assembly by ex indy car mechanics.... now whether Andrew Broadley inherited his dads talents and the ex indy mechanics were really good is up to you to judge, car appears to have a lot of carbon fiber in its body and trim, Roush engines are apparently initial engine fit and Zf trans, BUT if your a bit sceptical and look around you will find that some cars appear to have Renault trans, Roush have their share of engine problems etc.... what Im suggesting is you have to look at the individual car in any replica purchase. These cars seem to have departed from the originality definition of a 'real' GT40 with rear suspension etc, but then not as much as some other brands. 16 originally built, can you get parts if you need them? your choice at the end of the day.
Thanks, I guess parts that are unique to the car may be hard to find but I think they are chassis and body parts only. Most other parts that tend to need replacement are readily available at least that's how it is on my Backdraft Cobra.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Keep in mind that with many low volume type cars parts are less a "call the dealer" more of a "call the machine shop" in that they are generally fabricated pieces if they are not co-opted off a production car. Any good rod or race shop should be able to whip up most needed parts.

Back