Nice To Be Back In A GT40

Was on the forum years ago with my GTD GT40 and then moved back into Cobras for many years but now, "Nice To Be Back In A GT40" or at least I own one again and should have it in the next 7 to 10 days. I purchased Mike Rohach's CAV GT40 #169 and really excited to get it. Mike did a fantastic build and is as anal meticulous as me and what a great guy!

Thanks Mike!

Attachments

• CAV 01.jpg
    CAV 01.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Gary,

It is really interesting that you, Sam, and I will all have blue GT40s in the same metroplex. Congratulations! I want to come see it when it arrives. Call a get together.

-Bob Woods

Well done
My 40 has been off the road since April this year and I am busting to get back behind the wheel again....so I know how you feel....Texas seems the home of 40's....

Gary,

It is really interesting that you, Sam, and I will all have blue GT40s in the same metroplex. Congratulations! I want to come see it when it arrives. Call a get together.

-Bob Woods

We really didn't intend to match colors. As it turns out, they are identical down to the stripes. Gary says he's gonna put roundels and numbers on his so we won't get them mixed up at restaurants ;)

But the unbelievable thing is: they will arrive in North Texas together on the same transport! We weren't trying for that, but Dennis recommended a hauler for Gary and as it happens ... CAV #180 finishes up today :D

Sam

Hey Bob,

Good idea as maybe we could meet for lunch somewhere after the cars arrive. It's amazing how all this came together, as Sam actually is the one that referred me to Mike a year ago. Mike and I discussed a possible trade with my Cobra and his GT40 but it didn't work out. I put my Cobra up for sale for a few days and then was thinking of retiring from Ford and took it off the market. A year later still working at Ford and out of the blue a guy from France called me on my Cobra. I do plan to Vintage it and maybe even do the wheels like old magnesium like I did on my Cobra, so Sam's car will look much different. Mike did a fantastic job building this CAV GT40 and very excited to get it.

Well with the holidays, weather and some transporter mechanical issues my car was delayed but picked up Sunday and in transit to me scheduled to arrive sometime this Wednesday. Sam also fell pray to the same issues and his is coming separately now I believe late this coming weekend. Will be good to get my car that I bought at the end of November in my garage......... :)

Back