Anyone know anything on this CAV GT

i am not sure if the car is still available because I have been busy but I am considering going to look at it this week. I have a 2005 Ford GT, a 1967 AC Cobra and I am ready for a GT 40. Life does not look like it is going to permit an original GT 40 so I am going to buy a replica. I like a Brittany Blue CAV GT that is at Hillbank Motorsports. The car is $130K and sold about four years ago for $90K so the price might be high but I like the car.

If any of you have any information on the car let me know.

Sorry to hear an original is not in the works for you.

I saw that CAV just briefly a short while ago while passing through. It is very, very nice, and has all the whistles and bells - ZF, injection, great engine, great cosmetics, etc. I did notice the car has the improved/upgraded rear suspension uprights (noticed because I put these on my old CAV...) and the car looks spot on in every regard. $130 seems a little high but considering it has the best of everything perhaps not.

If you're looking for an original, the Superformance Hillbank has is more true to the original cars than the CAV.

I really seriously considered buying the car but found some inconsistent information that turned me off the car. I went and drove it over the holiday and it had some braking/clutch noise. Check it out well before putting your money down and good luck

I really seriously considered buying the car but found some inconsistent information that turned me off the car. I went and drove it over the holiday and it had some braking/clutch noise. Check it out well before putting your money down and good luck

Thanks, I decided against this car because the track seat gave me the concern that it was already ridden hard and put away wet. The clutch noise you experienced was icing on the cake for me. I will keep looking.

Last edited:
Back