New GT

16076341878_7ba4f99ceb_o.jpg

Press Release attached

Attachments

• Ford Phoenix Overview FINAL.pdf
    121.2 KB · Views: 403

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
It looks like a Corvette and something like a Ferrari 458. I'm sure they'll do well with it, and if it races I wish them luck, but it isn't an attractive car. Not to me, anyway.

:thumbsup: I like it! I seriously think Ford nailed it right on the head with this one, as long as it goes into production looking like this. Its definitely got some retro 40 hints but with sleek modern lines. Good going Ford! I'm sure its 10 times more stunning in person.

While I am quite upset at the fact they passed over the brilliant Voodoo in favor of a freaking V6 Ecoboost, the car looks absolutely stunning. There's a no sound video walkthrough of the car, and I cannot get enough of the styling details.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I really like the angles and channels on the back end of the car. The front is a little odd and the side profile is meh. I'm sure in person it is a great looking car. Good for Ford for getting in the game. I wonder how a $400K V6 is going to catch on? I'm sure it will be a performance knockout but the geezer crowd is going to turn their noses up at a V6 and the Gen Y crowd doesn't like cars to begin with.

1075062381330651205.png

leywrj9xzas34ubpyysj.png

uqayguh1sr8iyuwxb34t.jpg

the car is beautiful. impressive how they did this so under wraps. anyone know pricing? my guess 160-180k range...

While I am quite upset at the fact they passed over the brilliant Voodoo in favor of a freaking V6 Ecoboost, the car looks absolutely stunning. There's a no sound video walkthrough of the car, and I cannot get enough of the styling details.

I too am disappointed that they did not go with the Voodoo, I understand why they did it but still. Also from what I have read, the v-6 ecoboost weighs in about the same as the Coyote so I'm not quite sure of any performance advantage there. Correct me if I am wrong but why didn't they direct inject the Voodoo similar to the ecoboost?

"THE NEW MID-ENGINE CORVETTE" that G.M. has been promising since 1978!!! Great!!!! at least they're doing it! I'm stuck in the sixties, and I think it looks "GREAT"! Forever Ford RR#99 CAV.

I too am disappointed that they did not go with the Voodoo, I understand why they did it but still. Also from what I have read, the v-6 ecoboost weighs in about the same as the Coyote so I'm not quite sure of any performance advantage there. Correct me if I am wrong but why didn't they direct inject the Voodoo similar to the ecoboost?

It was heavily rumored DI would be present...it's anyone's guess why it didn't appear. As far as the Ecoboost in the GT....unless the packaging was really so tight as to only allow the shorter V6 block, the only arguments I can see for Ecoboost power are:

1. Find a sweet spot in racing series regulations where the GT could do some actual damage against the competition.

2. It's the 'trendy' thing to do.

If it has anything to do with the second argument, the drivetrain team needs a swift kick in the ass.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...anyone know pricing? my guess 160-180k range...

It will likely be North of $400K USD.

IMHO, anytime you see "t.t."..."carbon fiber"..."7-speed duel-clutch (paddle shift) transaxle"...and the words "available in select world markets" attached to a car like this, you can pretty much rule out <$250K. :uhoh2:

Well, the last GT was famous for being an incredible performance bargain, and leveraged existing drivetrain programs, just as this current one will do. Combine that with the fact the GT350R just debuted production carbon fiber wheels, and the GT350 debuted large carbon pieces such as grille/radiator support area, and perhaps these big scary words don't add as much cost as you'd think! :thumbsup:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The new GT has faaaaaaaaar more CF 'innit' than that, though, Dylan...and that's just one of the big $$$$$$$$ areas. ;)

It will have +100hp per cylinder, but I still don't like the political correctness of a six. I guess I'm just old school. Looks like a killer car though. With carbon fiber I'll bet 0-60 under 3 sec, and +200mph. While we're talkin numbers, please not $400K. Let's try for $200K. A high price will provide an umbrella to further support the crazy current GT prices. I don't think they will make enough of these new ones, and the price will be such, that the new car won't put a damper on the current car prices...maybe it will move them even higher! Boy, this car will put the pressure on GM with its new mid-engine '17 Zora.

Keith

How can a twin turbo 3.5 litre V6 producing 600 hp be possibly labeled as "Politically Correct?" :huh:

Well, Its out, its for a new breed, paddle shift, digital dash , 3 inches between the seat. I wish Ford well, and hope its a success.
I think though our 2005/2006 will shine like a beacon, modern/retro/v8 and old stick shift.
Anyone wanting the new one better get on a diet, physically and financially.
Your gonna need both to get in it!

Back