D & D Mfg. GT-40 Mark I Replica

I have just purchased a partially completed GT-40 Mk.I replica that was originally manufactured by D & D MFG. (I believe in Canada). Does anybody out there have one of these cars ? Can anybody tell me the location of the serial number? I would love to talk to anyone who has any knowledge of this specific GT-40 manufacturer. Thank you ! :thumbsdown:

Congratulations, these cars seems to be quite rare... but very nice indeed. SS mono chassis ? Their cobra chassis are quite nice too.
We'd like to see some pics of your new pride and joy, and get some details on your build to come.:thumbsup:

Here few pics, posted by DD (right, they are canadian) on a french forum...You'll notice some original features one this particular one, as the front cooling tube is running outside in the front left fender :shocked: apparently without any protection ? Is yours done the same ?

Attachments

• DD chassis.jpg
    DD chassis.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,069
  • DD chassis2.jpg
    DD chassis2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 798
  • DD chassis3.jpg
    DD chassis3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:
Pierre-Louis,

Your pictures look a lot like a CAV. Is it the same as a D&D? Are they related? The mono sure looks similar.

BTW: Borrowed this image from "Gary" gsharapa) on another forum. Hope he doesn't mind. He's here too. Gary, if you do, I'll ask that it be removed.

25298d1425525868-gt40-delivered-cav-169-e.jpg

Yes, it's mother must have spent the night in Cape Town at some point :laugh:

Here is a comparable photo of CAV 180 ...

Sam

Attachments

• 180_chassis_lf.jpg
    180_chassis_lf.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 504

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Those monos are SWEET!

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:
Couple of pics od D&D chassis, body panels were made by Bill Hough.Check out 'ddcobra' in members list for more info.

Attachments

• gt40_paint_004.jpg
    gt40_paint_004.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 806
  • gt40_paint_007.jpg
    gt40_paint_007.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 604
O.K. I now have a correction to my original post. My car was manufactured by D&D "COBRA" (not D&D Mfg.). They were located in Chambly, Quebec, Canada. Mfg. date around Dec. 2007. they closed their doors in 2008. It is not the chassis that Pierre-Louis has pictures of. Does anybody know of anyone who has a GT-40 mfg. by D&D Cobra ? Bye the way Pierre-Louis, the location of the coolant tubes is one of the questions that I am pondering. I want to post some pictures (.jpeg on my desktop) but I have not figured out how to do that yet. Yes, I am computer illiterate

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Use a photo hosting website like Photobucket.

When you get the photos uploaded, copy the IMG code and paste it into the body of your post.

Cheers!

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
O.K. I now have a correction to my original post. My car was manufactured by D&D "COBRA" (not D&D Mfg.). They were located in Chambly, Quebec, Canada. Mfg. date around Dec. 2007. they closed their doors in 2008. It is not the chassis that Pierre-Louis has pictures of. Does anybody know of anyone who has a GT-40 mfg. by D&D Cobra ? Bye the way Pierre-Louis, the location of the coolant tubes is one of the questions that I am pondering. I want to post some pictures (.jpeg on my desktop) but I have not figured out how to do that yet. Yes, I am computer illiterate

Hi Alan... Read post number 8 above and you may even see the chassis you bought...

Hi, where did u find the D&D? I was looking at one but I lost the guys contact info.

Hi Ben, D&D Cobra sold the car to a gentleman in Southern Calif. months before they closed their doors. A person who owned a trailer sales & repair business in Forest Grove, Oregon purchased the car and that is who I obtained it from. ------Regards, Alan Wendler

Hi Alan... Read post number 8 above and you may even see the chassis you bought...

Hi Randy, Yes, it sure is. Thank you for drawing my attention to it ! Now if I can get all of my questions answered. What I really need is a build manual. ---------Regards, Alan Wendler

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You know Alan, I don't know for sure, but I would be willing to bet dinner and drinks that there was not a manual from D&D on that car...

They only made a couple of chassis and just never got to the point of a matured product..

There is plenty of information within the build logs that you can use to build your car. Most all of body fitments have the same challenges and same basic order of construction..

You can check out my website or my build logs which show what I have done as examples - or choose any other...

Get a Build Log going with some pictures and you will have plenty of help right here from guys that have been-there-done-that...

Back