Insurance suggestions (UK)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an understanding insurer for a 2011, CAV in the UK ? I phoned my usual insurer who quoted me £1800 for annual insurance covering only 5,000 miles per year with a £3,000 excess...that was after much a do pinning down the make and model. To put this into perspective a 2005 Ford GT with 800 HP was £690!
Would be grateful of any advice.
Thanks

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Join the GT40 Enthusiasts Club
In their mag are a number of insurance providers who offer good rates on proof of being a club member

I for one got mine covered in June last year for £320 3000 miles and £200 excess, guaranteed and agreed value £35k

Ian

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Jonathan,
I have used Hagerty for a number of years now. I don't know if they are the cheapest still. I have a policy which is for limited mileage and an agreed value. I send in a set of up to date pics and pics of the car in the garage. A useful aspect of Hagerty is if two people are both insured with them you can drive each other's cars with full insurance cover. Just google Hagerty for a quote. You can also add other classic type cars to your policy.
Cheers
Mike

Thanks, Julian, Mike, Graham and Ian, Ive followed up on your recommendations and am hoping for a more positive outcome!
Jonathan

Back