mysterious Gt 40 Kit information

Hello Guys, I am new here, and am looking for information from the knowledgeable folks on this forum. I recently posted about an unknown transaxle in the transaxle section:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech-powertrain-transaxles/45661-help-identifying-transaxle.html

I am now seeking information about this car. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The car is tagged as a Bessia Motor Sports, Biscayne GT. We do not know if this car is another body/kit, in fact, we know very little history.

We identified the mysterious transaxle, and the discussion moved to the car, so I decide to make a new post in the general discussion section. Let me know what you all think about this car. I have attached all photos I have at this time, but hope to get more by next week.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1059.jpg
    IMG_1059.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 233

Keith

With a little detective work:

Bessia Byscaine (sic) GT, a replica of the legendary Ford GT40 built in Argentina by the team of mechanics Osvaldo Bessia, a former Formula 2 champion in the 70s, and having as a base abandoned hangars Don Torcuato Airport.

To design it, Osvaldo had to travel to the UK to borrow from a friend an original Ford GT40 and from that car, take the necessary measures and countless photos, in order to make it as close as possible to what he had in mind.

Here: All about Osvaldo and his cars...Osvaldo Bessia

Attachments

• Biscayne1.jpg
    Biscayne1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Biscayne2.jpg
    Biscayne2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Thank you, I concur. I linked to a similar story in the original postings in the transaxle section. I do not have any experience w/ these cars so I was wondering if any others might be able to tell me more. Are they any members that might own one of these cars? This car was never on the street, race trim only. Some members were wondering about some of the similarities/differences w/ this car versus other kits. Thank you for helping.

Keith

I am not an expert but it looks like a space frame chassis. If so, any decent chassis expert will tell you how good it is likely to be in the way it has been designed and constructed. A monocoque type chassis of unknown provenance would be far harder to evaluate.

If Osvaldo came to the UK to "copy" a GT40, it is likely that he also had a close look at the replicas that were available, so I would expect the chassis to be of a GTD type (or possibly even KVA). That's just a guess though. Perhaps if you acquire photos of a GTD chassis, you could make a comparison.

Back