Lost Missing Roadster #6 Dave Brown Chassis?

topsecretgt40

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hello all, I wanted to let you know about a car you may not know about. A "lost GT roadster #6" that is, to my knowledge, now in the hands of Ford and Carroll Shelby's race development team. (I was present when they came to inspect the car. Shelby driver Allen Grant was there as well).I am told by a very reliable source, That this car was also given to Dean Jeffries along with the other roadster he received. This particular car was never a race car, but built as a test mule. It was crashed while testing tires and set aside. This car was rebuilt using the exact measurements off Deans car. Every spot weld and running weld was measured to the Millimeter to match the original weld locations and rebuild the chassis to exact spec. I was told this was done over the course of 10 years. (it was crashed in the right front) I was told that the body molds were the original as well, but I'm not sure if that's true as I've read the original roadster molds are in Europe. If they are not the original molds, maybe he meant "they were taken from the original" since this person had access to Deans car. They have the original magnesium wheels and suspension parts as well. They have original transmissions and a few motors that came from Dean Jeffries (if you look it up, you will see Dean had several original engines). I was told one of the engines is a brand new engine Carroll built for this car before he passed. Anyways, I think its a neat story. I have heard that they may be documenting the build and trying to have the car ready for SEMA this year....now if he would only let me splash a body real quick!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0604.jpg
    IMAG0604.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 375
  • IMAG0603.jpg
    IMAG0603.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 315
  • IMAG0600.jpg
    IMAG0600.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 335
  • IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMAG0510.jpg
    IMAG0510.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 294
  • IMAG0511.jpg
    IMAG0511.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 848
  • IMAG0515.jpg
    IMAG0515.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 325

topsecretgt40

CURRENTLY BANNED
missing roadster

Hello all, I wanted to let you know about a car you may not know about. A "lost GT roadster #6" that is, to my knowledge, now in the hands of Ford and Carroll Shelby's race development team. (I was present when they came to inspect the car. Shelby driver Allen Grant was there as well).I am told by a very reliable source, That this car was also given to Dean Jeffries along with the other roadster he received. This particular car was never a race car, but built as a test mule. It was crashed while testing tires and set aside. This car was rebuilt using the exact measurements off Deans car. Every spot weld and running weld was measured to the Millimeter to match the original weld locations and rebuild the chassis to exact spec. I was told this was done over the course of 10 years. (it was crashed in the right front) The chassis is all original except for the Right front Quarter of the car. I was told that the body molds were the original as well, but I'm not sure if that's true as I've read the original roadster molds are in Europe. If they are not the original molds, maybe he meant "they were taken from the original" since this person had access to Deans car. They have the original magnesium wheels and suspension parts as well. They have original transmissions and a few motors that came from Dean Jeffries (if you look it up, you will see Dean had several original engines). I was told one of the engines is a brand new engine Carroll built for this car before he passed. Anyways, I think its a neat story. I have heard that they may be documenting the build and trying to have the car ready for SEMA this year....now if he would only let me splash a body real quick!!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Attachments

• IMAG0510.jpg
    IMAG0510.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG0511.jpg
    IMAG0511.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMAG0515.jpg
    IMAG0515.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMAG0600.jpg
    IMAG0600.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 240
  • IMAG0603.jpg
    IMAG0603.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG0604.jpg
    IMAG0604.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Re: missing roadster

Very cool. Nice to see an original car come back to life, even if it is after some "restoration" of original bits and pieces.

Looks a lot better than the Bugatti being "restored" after being on the lake bottom for 50 years....

Attachments

• bugatti.JPG
    bugatti.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 284

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Hello all, I wanted to let you know about a car you may not know about. A "lost GT roadster #6" that is, to my knowledge, now in the hands of Ford and Carroll Shelby's race development team. (I was present when they came to inspect the car. Shelby driver Allen Grant was there as well).I am told by a very reliable source, That this car was also given to Dean Jeffries along with the other roadster he received. This particular car was never a race car, but built as a test mule. It was crashed while testing tires and set aside. This car was rebuilt using the exact measurements off Deans car. Every spot weld and running weld was measured to the Millimeter to match the original weld locations and rebuild the chassis to exact spec. I was told this was done over the course of 10 years. (it was crashed in the right front) The chassis is all original except for the Right front Quarter of the car. I was told that the body molds were the original as well, but I'm not sure if that's true as I've read the original roadster molds are in Europe. If they are not the original molds, maybe he meant "they were taken from the original" since this person had access to Deans car. They have the original magnesium wheels and suspension parts as well. They have original transmissions and a few motors that came from Dean Jeffries (if you look it up, you will see Dean had several original engines). I was told one of the engines is a brand new engine Carroll built for this car before he passed. Anyways, I think its a neat story. I have heard that they may be documenting the build and trying to have the car ready for SEMA this year....now if he would only let me splash a body real quick!!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Chassis number please after you correct your name as per rule 2. If there is no FAV chassis number, it is NOT an "original GT40". Let's see where this goes......

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

Do they know you spilt the beans?

What is the red car in the background?

attachment.php

There 'might' be a clue in post #64 of Brian Stewarts build thread, but then again I might be wrong, I thought 'that' car was to be a reincarnation of #110, but 'that' glass would not be correct. If this 'is' the #6 roadster maybe it 'should' be #112, maybe his name is topsecretgt40, who cares!

Ron Earp

Admin

You'd care about his actual name if you ran a forum and one or twice a year were threatened with a libel lawsuit due to writings published on the site. And you'd care if you wished for the community to have a sense of civility and responsibility that exists on few forums.

topsecretgt40

CURRENTLY BANNED

Ron and Rick, no disrespect, but the idea was to share some information that I thought some true enthusiast would appreciate.(without giving up my name) I would not be able to continue to provide inside info should I be revealed. I appreciate your forum, and what the community here does to help immortalize the GT40. I will no longer continue to post about this vehicle. Please proceed with the banning as you see fit....

Ron Earp

Admin

Whoever you are, the forum is full of true enthusiasts and we're all part of a GT40 community that spans the glove. The site here is free to join and participate in, but it has long standing rules. You disrespected the community when you signed up with a false name using contrived reasoning. Given that the GT40 you're posting about has already been shown to be a replica, not an original car as you asserted, I can see why you'd no longer be interested in posting about it.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Ron and Rick, no disrespect, but the idea was to share some information that I thought some true enthusiast would appreciate.(without giving up my name) I would not be able to continue to provide inside info should I be revealed. I appreciate your forum, and what the community here does to help immortalize the GT40. I will no longer continue to post about this vehicle. Please proceed with the banning as you see fit....

So your first name is so well known we would all figure out you date a Kartrashian? Methinks your head doth swell.

Call Wally, he loves this type of stuff. Perhaps you can help him dig up X1 under the apartment building.

It is Ron's pool so Ron's rules......................

Keith

Well unless he is hiding behind a proxy server, his IP address could provide a clue but in any event, claiming that chassis to be "90% original e.g. "(The chassis is all original except for the Right front Quarter of the car)"was the slippery slope to oblivion anyway given the knowledge on this site

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter

does this mean I have a 'lost roadster'......

Attachments

• DSC01532.jpg
    DSC01532.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 250

I am still coming to terms with Ronald's suggestion that we all live on a glove, makes one a bit nervous about fat fingers n stuff, not a very proctical idea!

Back