SPF GT40 to Display at DUB/NYC Javitz Int'l Car Show

Gents-
The organizers of the DUB/New York City Javitz International Car Show, have invited me to display the GT40... Hope to see you there...
April 10-12, Javitz Center, NYC
Kurt

Last edited:
Some picts from the show- Kurt

Attachments

• Dub1.jpg
    Dub1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 375
  • dub2.jpg
    dub2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 301
  • dub3.jpg
    dub3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 296
  • dub4.jpg
    dub4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 289
  • dub5.jpg
    dub5.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 277
a few more- Kurt

Attachments

• dub6.jpg
    dub6.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 295
  • dub7.jpg
    dub7.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 253
  • dub8.jpg
    dub8.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 283
  • dub9.jpg
    dub9.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 315
  • dub10.jpg
    dub10.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 284
Yeah Kurt... beautiful car!

I was supposed to be there last weekend but had a last minute change of plans. Sorry I missed it! And a chance to see your car!

Side note: Which Hoosiers are you running? Do you like them? I had Vintage TD's on my GT40 before going finally with the Avons. Still have Hoosier style treaded DT tires on my Cobra, but they are as square as a barn door. The TD's were not much better unless they were sufficiently warmed up.

Dave

Thx Dave- too bad you missed the show... maybe next time... The new FGT was gorgeous ( but shouldn't have been called a FGT). But the hightlifgts of the show for me were the 3 vintage Alfas in the Alfa Romeo booth...
Anyway- I just 2 weeks ago went from the Avons (which actually had punctures and slow leaks) to the Hoosier TDS's... 1/2 the price.. less tracking, and I think look pretty good.... we'll see how they last...
Kurt

Kurt... Yes, hope to see your car some time. May look you up next time I am in town.

I think your Avons were the vintage treaded Bias tires. Agreed that they are seemingly fine when new, but go south quite quickly. The Avons on my car are the CR6ZZ's. Wonderful tires. They are on my GT now for the third season. Still seem as good as new. I would like to replace the Hoosier DT's on my Cobra at some point. Thinking Avons for that as well. But wondering how the TD's would work.

Dave-
That would be great - let me know- anytime...
What width are you CR6ZZs ? and would you happen to have a wide-body GT40 ?
thx- Kurt

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Dave-
That would be great - let me know- anytime...
What width are you CR6ZZs ? and would you happen to have a wide-body GT40 ?
thx- Kurt

Kurt,

The CR6ZZs only got to 295/50 so not for the wide body. The Hoosiers Fran supplied are your best bet until someone comes out with a better range of 15' tires.

Kurt... Wide hip yes. CAV Gulf Car. Running 295's and 215's. Seem to fit the look pretty well. Obviously loose a bit of width from the rear view. But gets it done and the drivability is awesome.

Pics:
IMAG0317_zpse6e95696.jpg

IMAG0315_zpsbb1689ea.jpg

Those Avons Look awesome Dave!!
Even nicer than the Avon-Lady herself ;-)
Can I bother you for a rear pict ?? I wanna see the width of the tires from that angle.. Thank you
Kurt

I don't have any on photobucket. Will take a couple tomorrow and post them for you.

Hoping I can work on mounting new rear spoiler tomorrow.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I would chase down whatever tires these cars are running. I'd have Vaughn make custom wheels with the correct width and offset. I would not have them bulging out of the wheel wells. Not sure why people want that look? Wide but tuck them in.

074_Revival-2013_GT40-Parade-Pit.jpg

080_Revival-2013_GT40-Parade-Pit.jpg

076_Revival-2013_GT40-Parade-Pit.jpg

I was able to get a few minutes to get both cars out and started up after a very long winter. Finally!!

Kurt, I took a couple of pics of the rear of my GT. This is the view of the CR6ZZ's on 10" wheels and Wide Hips. Some might argue that they simply look too small for the width of the rear of these cars. But these Avons are without a doubt the best driving and safest tire there is available for GT40s and Cobras. CAV uses a 10 inch wheel with a slightly higher offset to the outside to make up for the loss of fit to the fender well. It is my humble opinion that they look pretty good. Still have the unmistakeable look of the wide hip without suffering from some of the woes of vintage type, wide bias race tires.

Anyway... Sure the rest of the group will share their thoughts!

CAV%20Rear%20View_zpsgih7rxzz.jpg

CAV%20Rear%202_zpsjow9vmwy.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Dave, I think they look great. I personally do not like the over stuffed rear tire look at all. I think these cars look much better with some fender overhang on the rear that more closely to that of the front fender. I would also consider widening the wheels to 11 inches vs 10. It gives a better profile I think when running the 295s.

Last edited:
Dave-thx so much for the rear picts w the Avons...
I agree with Mike- they look great...
So far the Hoosiers are working out nicely, but next replacement I'll try the Avons..
Can you pls tell me the exact tire and model # ? thx
Kurt

Back