Was it ever revealed circumstancs why Pardo left Ford?

I thought, after 24 years he just retired early but then looking on Google, I discovered all these old stories that sound like he was pushed toward the door. The only reason I could think of is that one headline calls him a "rock star" so maybe the VP of Design resented the outsize publicity he got when the GT came out. Anyhow, I think he's moved on successfully...here's the Google-listed stories...

Report: Rock Star Car Designer Camilo Pardo, Ford To Split ...

jalopnik.com/.../report-rock-star-car-designer-camilo-pardo-ford...

Jalopnik

Jan 14, 2009 - We've now been told by a very trusted source he's been either fired or ... The news Camilo Pardo, the designer of the gorgeous Ford GT, has ...

Ford GT Designer Camilo Pardo Would Love Another Crack ...

jalopnik.com/ford-gt-designer-camilo-pardo-would-love-anothe...

Jalopnik

Sep 26, 2013 - That photo above is Camilo Pardo parking his fifth Ford GT at a Detroit car show last weekend. Before judging the show, I pulled him aside to ...

An Interview with Ford GT Designer Camilo Pardo

Exclusive Interview with Ford GT Designer Camilo Pardo | Petrolicious

May 7, 2014 - Camilo Pardo is best known as the primary designer of the mid-2000 Ford GT. He shares his interests and passions as a car designer and ...

Camilo Pardo leaves Ford - Car Body Design

Camilo Pardo leaves Ford - Car Body Design

Jan 19, 2009 - Designer Camilo Pardo is leaving Ford after 24 years of relationship. Among his works is the design of the Ford GT40 Concept that led to the ...

Ford GT designer, Camilo Pardo, leaving the Blue Oval

Autoblog Sitemap...

Autoblog.com

Jan 15, 2009 - AutoWeek is confirming rumors that Ford GT designer, Camilo Pardo, is parting ways with Ford after a 24-year relationship. While no details ...

Back