Ford 302

Just thought I would let you know that I am picking up my engine tomorrow ... So its the first part of my build . Really pleased so gonna strip it and check it all out maybe gonna stroke it to about 400 BHP..

JC...:drunk:

Mike Pass

Supporter
A few things worth checking out. Check the casting number which will tell you the year the block was cast. If you are going the IVA route then the year of the block will have a big effect on the emissions level you will have to meet. Apart from checking for cracks and damage check the bore size. They are 4.000 inches as standard. If it has had a rebore it may be 4.030 inches or even 4.040 inches. A digital caliper will measure this very easily for you. If has been re bored check that it will still clean up for you by re boring (or honing if it is very good.)
Cheers
Mike

Going by your incomplete data on the part number thread you may be getting a 1969 351 Windsor, not that there is anything wrong with that, just don't bother stroking if it is. There are much more user friendly ways of making these motors sing!

It is a 5 ltr engine the date code is 1969 Windsor Made in November the 8th 1969. And it was from a Torino ...
JC

C9OE 6015 is early 351 Windsor block casting number, there never was a C9OE casting number applicable to 302. Quick check, center of crank to deck( Head Gasket Surface) is ~ 8.200" for 302, ~9.500" for 351w.

Ok guys I now have the engine home and stripped down . On the block numbers it is C90E - 6015-C . they didn't tell me about the C on the end .. I think it means its an early 351 block .is that right.?

John.

Ok guys I now have the engine home and stripped down . On the block numbers it is C90E - 6015-C . they didn't tell me about the C on the end .. I think it means its an early 351 block .is that right.?

John.

There can be confusion over numbers John, not everything goes by the book with Ford numbers. If you have the heads off just get a piston to the bottom of the bore. A 302 piston will go down the bore 3" and a 351w will go down 3.5"

Bob

Attachments

• 215631.520.jpg
    215631.520.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 692
Back