Goodwood visit

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Was in Cambridge for business last week and before heading home we went south to the coast. Knowing the Revival was this weekend I thought I would stop in and see what I could see. When we arrived, security was not keen on letting us in. I then pulled out my ace in the hole and showed hm a photo of my GT40 with the Goodwood crest painted on the fender. He smiled and said come with me and took us up on top of Lord March's box for a look. You couldn't get the grin off my face for hours after that experience :)

I am most certainly attending next year for the all GT40 race. Hope to meet some of you there.

2015090700.jpg

2015090701.jpg

2015090702.jpg

2015090703.jpg

2015090704.jpg

2015090705.jpg

2015090706.jpg

lf6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike- That is FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been meaning to go.. maybe ill see you there... Kurt

Nice photos Mike,

What you saw, as I'm sure you realise, is that a lot of the buildings & the stands are temporary buildings. When added too by all the static displays, food outlets & decoration etc it becomes the busy site we're use to. The first time I visited 'out of season' I was taken aback by how different it all looks, more open spaces and much more like the airfield that it is. Where the big grandstands were just concrete pads in the grass.

When they're not preparing for an event, ie most weeks of the year, you can just drive in & go to the aerodrome café for a snack. All very pleasant on a sunny day! Let's hope the weather is decent this weekend..

Regards Steve

Keith

Mike, the Rolls Royce factory is in the grounds with a separate entrance and it is kind of at ground level so there's not much to be seen, However, it is an amazing place so next time you're around, try "blagging" your way in there!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Well I got in even if it was to see the wrong royalty and they let anyone in anyways ha. It was still fun and I'm still going back next year for the revival :)

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
I'm leaving Wednesday and will attend he revival all weekend. I'm there to document the 50th anniversary of the Shelby Daytona coupe.

There is going to be a replica of the Sebring pits with all 6 Cobra Daytona Coupes present I am still trying to find out if their designer Peter Brock is making an appearance? Unfortunately I am going on Saturday and it looks like rain!!
Michael did I buy a book from you on Shelby last year at the Revival?
Regards Allan

Last edited:

Keith

Everyone's bucket list should include a visit for the "Revival".

And it looks as if you will need a bucket this weekend! Horrible forecast for the two days. What a shame but hope it changes in the meantime..

Kenny Brack will be OK - he loves the wet.. :)

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Looking forward to meeting you and everyone that is planning on going. Should be a fantastic time.

Back