First GT40 gathering Dallas/Texas

Dr. Bob suggested the GT40 owners (and lovers) could get together and have a show and tell. Sam and Gary suggested to have a Saturday meeting and have lunch.
The first Saturday of the month is reserved for the Texas Cobra club luncheon. That gives us 3 more to choose from.

Gary stated: "We might start a threat on GT40s.com and Clubcobra.com to see how many GT40s we can find in DFW and maybe even Texas?"

So, here we go.

How about the 3rd Saturday for October (10-17-15). That gives everybody time to coordinate and get a kitchen pass.:D

By that time we choose a place too.....

So I will kick this response off with one CAV GT40 in Frisco, Texas north suburb of Dallas. Don't know if this will effect anyone but the NHRA Drag Races are the October 16-18th weekend at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, Texas, but I'm free on Saturday the 17th.

I'm in... let me suggest our first meeting might be in Frisco or north Dallas. Sam and Gary are there and they have running cars. Another good idea is to start rotating our meetings to the locations of the builds going on since they aren't driving yet. I don't know the status of Darrin's house situation, but I'm still building and would be happy to host.

I have met Joe Fernandez in Ft. Worth who has a running GTD GT40. He has met a guy named Robert in Frisco with one. There is rumor of an ERA in Grand Prairie, anyone know of it? I think there is one more in Frisco.

There are two original GT40s in town. I might be able to arrange a meeting at one of their locations for the first meeting. That would be a double whammy...

Let's be sure that we all have each other's e-mail and phone numbers. If anyone knows of other GT40s in this area, please let us know.

-Bob Woods

Last edited:
I also would like to see how the builds are coming so first meeting could be at restaurant in Frisco/Plano area and if the weather is bad we could come back to either my house or Sam's to see one of our cars. Hey we need to get John Ross in also as not only he is interested but he is building at least started! :) And Don Wallace. I'll send them an email with the link.

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Would love to come and meet the other GT40 people in the state. Not sure I will have mine driving by that time but I can bring pictures. A great idea to have a meeting.

Don

I'm in ... probably won't drive over as I live in Keller so Plano is a bit past my operating radius ... I typically drive GT40 (MKII/427SO, w/Webers)/Daytona Coupe (raw aluminum body copy of #2601, 351C, w/Webers)/Cobra (HM 427SO, w/Webers) replicas in immediate area so towing won't be to much of a pain!! Lack of mechanical build confidence ... yup ... need a few more trouble free (no weird noise) miles on all of them before becoming adventuress!

Standing by for details.

Mark

Mark,

Well, with the double whammy of a GT40 and a Daytona Coupe, we will probably have a meeting at your house.

Do you have the Kirkham Daytona Coupe? My friend Arnold has one in Arlington.

-Bob Woods

Attachments

• Daytona Coupe and Cobras small.jpg
    Daytona Coupe and Cobras small.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
No, the gent I bought the Daytona Coupe from had it hand pounded on a wooden buck as a direct copy of 2601 and used a copy of original frame. However, he kept the 'wing' rear spoiler from the Brock napkin drawing vs the tail rear spoiler. I opted to keep the car in the raw brushed aluminum and installed the Weber's in a turkey pan on top of the 351C (biggest divergence from the original but its got some get up and go).

Attachments

• Coupe-Side.jpg
    Coupe-Side.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 370
Hello Gents,

Just now getting to the thread. I am in Frisco as well. I have swapped some PMs with a couple of you guys.

I am in for Oct. 17th barring any objections from the Minister of Family Happiness(a.k.a my wife). There is a Bone Daddy's on the tollway in Plano that could work. The parking lot is pretty big too, so that is a plus.

Robert

I'm in ... probably won't drive over as I live in Keller so Plano is a bit past my operating radius ... I typically drive GT40 (MKII/427SO, w/Webers)/Daytona Coupe (raw aluminum body copy of #2601, 351C, w/Webers)/Cobra (HM 427SO, w/Webers) replicas in immediate area so towing won't be to much of a pain!! Lack of mechanical build confidence ... yup ... need a few more trouble free (no weird noise) miles on all of them before becoming adventuress!

Standing by for details.

Mark

Hey Mark...........How about a pic of the GT40 also??

GT40 Pics

Attachments

• GT40.jpg
    GT40.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 403
  • GT40 Engine View.jpg
    GT40 Engine View.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 305
  • GT40 Weber Turk Pan.jpg
    GT40 Weber Turk Pan.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 349
Don't know if you guys are interested in attending the DFW Cobra lunch this Saturday as it is at the new Dallas Superformance Dealer in Addison. Don't know if he has a GT40 roller or not but Sam and I will have our cars there and all welcome!

Got a cool event this month out at Addison Airport. Travis Lindsey is the General Manager of Edland Hi Performance, the new Superformance dealer. They are planning a get together for us at the showroom. Burgers, Dogs, Beers, and Bikini girls will be provided by them. We have reserved parking in front of the building.

Meet at 11, eat at 11:30

Edland Hi Performance
15510 Wright Brothers Drive
Addison, Texas 75001

Back