Coys GT40 'Evocation'

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Rover powered with "Ford Racing" valve covers?

No mention of what transaxle this runs. I like how the elevate it above "replicas and kits".........

I'm a bit confused as to the 3.5L mention. This appears to be a Ford V8 in either a 289 or 302 configuration. That's 4.7 or 5.0. To the best of my knowledge, Ford didn't make a 213 engine in a V8 and I don't think Edelbrock (the intake gives that away) made any such intake compatible either. Ford did make a 221, but that is 3.6L. It might be compatible with that intake though as the 221 became the 260-289-302.

Are the photos of a different engine maybe?

I'm a bit confused as to the 3.5L mention. This appears to be a Ford V8 in either a 289 or 302 configuration. That's 4.7 or 5.0. To the best of my knowledge, Ford didn't make a 213 engine in a V8 and I don't think Edelbrock (the intake gives that away) made any such intake compatible either. Ford did make a 221, but that is 3.6L. It might be compatible with that intake though as the 221 became the 260-289-302.

Are the photos of a different engine maybe?

215 ci Buick/Rover as Rick previously posted.

Subsequently developed versions of this engine can be stretched to over 5 liters and are very light weight.

Why are all of these Auction houses tarting up old kit cars with Gulf paintwork and selling for a fortune, several examples last year now this one !

Ron Earp

Admin
Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money!

pound_395.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
One would think these dealers would recognize that the cars they promote are a reflection on themselves. This car in particular is a rather poorly done facsimile that makes their promotion of it look silly and fraudulent.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I like the faux knockoffs

...and the 'genny-looking' seat upholstery. :squint:

The headers (what can be seen of them) don't look too wonderful either...

Edit: Uh...shouldn't the distributor be completely visible? Might the engine be a wee bit too far 'forward' on this car, or am I mistaken? ('Transaxle too 'long'???) Things don't look 'right' to me under there.

Last edited:
Other things different:
Lower light boxes are different in layout
The central NACA duct opening on the first car is closed where the no.9 car is open.

Bill

Was sold at the Autosports International show at the NEC today. Can't remember exactly but think it was £75k, may have been £77k. :shocked:

Other than that it was a good show.

Was sold at the Autosports International show at the NEC today. Can't remember exactly but think it was £75k, may have been £77k. :shocked:

Other than that it was a good show.

No doubt the new owner will get a rude awakening when he/she starts discussing the car with other UK owners/interested parties :lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:

This car did the auction rounds last year, painted white, didn't sell, but a quick flash over with gulf colours, a few stickers and a completely misleading description makes it worth WHAT ?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
No doubt the new owner will get a rude awakening when he/she starts discussing the car with other UK owners/interested parties :lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:

This car did the auction rounds last year, painted white, didn't sell, but a quick flash over with gulf colours, a few stickers and a completely misleading description makes it worth WHAT ?

I take it there must be as much booze flowing at one of their auctions as there is at a Barrett/Jackson here in the States?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
This new owner buys a car after not joining this site and doing any research. Larry joins this site and researchs everything there is to know about gt40s but never buys one. The irony...

Back