DFW GT40 group meeting in January

Well, we sort of met in December, but only four of us were there, so now that the holidays are over, do you want to try again? If so, the only date that works for me is Saturday, 23 January at 10:30 am.

My engine is home and the body parts should be painted by then.

I live in southwest Arlington. I will e-mail explicit directions if you are interested in attending.

-Bob Woods

It appears that the weather will be great for our get together this weekend. In addition to the usual suspects, I have several new people wanting to attend.

Let's get started at 10:30 or earlier because I have arranged a tour of my friend Arnold's collection of cars at 11:45 (10 minute drive from my house). He has three Kirkham Cobras (polished aluminum, polished copper, and polished silicon bronze), and a Kirkham Daytona Coupe among numerous other amazing collectable cars. After that tour, there is a Subway next door for a lunch.

PM me for addresses If you are interested in attending.

-Bob Woods

I still don't know if I'll be able to make it tomorrow, but I will try to be there. I'm excited to be able to see those Cobras and the progress on your car!

Even though we were missing some of the usual suspects, we did have a good meeting today.

We first visited my garage to see the test fit of my engine. The painted body parts should be back in a few weeks.

Joe brought his GTD for us to look at.

We visited my friend Arnold's car collection. I'm glad we went to my place first since he out classed me significantly...

-Bob Woods

Attachments

• Engine test fit.jpg
    Engine test fit.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Joe GT40 small.jpg
    Joe GT40 small.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Jan meeting small.jpg
    Jan meeting small.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 200
Back