Updated 2017 Ford GT Details: 720 HP, $599,695 Sticker Price, and 23 Highway MPG

Is the price tag of $599,695 too high for the Ford GT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really hope the new Ford GT makes this much power without being so much of a gas guzzler!!

I want to see this pitted against the Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SuperVeloce or the Nissan GT-R NISMO with N-Attack at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. This is the most powerful AND expensive production Ford car ever made. It costs more than almost any Lamborghini or Ferrari currently in production with a price tag of nearly $600,000. (Wait! Aren't the Veneno and LaFerrari no longer in production??)

Updated 2017 Ford GT Details: 720 HP, $599,695 Sticker Price, And 23 Highway MPG - AutoSpies Auto News

I even went to the Google+ article after clicking on the above link. It looks like the photos do appear to come from a random Ford dealership.

Last edited:
Just a thought, maybe there is a 3rd option? Maybe some people may think that with the technology they are putting in like active aero etc it may actually be value for money given where you see some of the 'premium brands' price their vehicles.

Let's be clear Aston Martin charged $1m for their One77 which was still built on the old VH platform and people didn't blink. Is the issue because you really think it's too much, or because it is Ford asking for the money, not Ferrari or Lambo or another 'premium' marque? I also assume you are not counting MclAren or anyone else in this, as the P1 starts at around $1.3m?

Just a thought, maybe there is a 3rd option? Maybe some people may think that with the technology they are putting in like active aero etc it may actually be value for money given where you see some of the 'premium brands' price their vehicles.

Let's be clear Aston Martin charged $1m for their One77 which was still built on the old VH platform and people didn't blink. Is the issue because you really think it's too much, or because it is Ford asking for the money, not Ferrari or Lambo or another 'premium' marque? I also assume you are not counting McLaren or anyone else in this, as the P1 starts at around $1.3m?

Sorry, I didn't want my post to be too exhaustive about exotic marques (brands). Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Aston Martin, and most of Porsche. Yes. But isn't the P1 also now out of production???

It's recently finished (but I'll double check with one of the brand managers when I see her in a few weeks), but if you want to split hairs you haven't been able to buy one before it was even built. Similar to a One77, similar to a La Ferraria etc

It isn't a Ford GT, it is more like the originals with a very limited production run and I would not be surprised if the most of the customers had been pretty much approached and decided prior to announcement with some held back for others; that is how most of the high end brands deliver their specials as they have the order bank mostly sold prior to even announcement.

As most know I work for the company, but have zero involvement in this programme and the above is pure speculation on my part.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Bogus.

Ford has yet to price the GT. And no dealer has an inside on the price or availability as they will not be sold by dealers but rather "delivered" via Ford dealers. The transaction will be with Ford using the dealer as an "agent".

Anyone who is placing a deposit with a dealer is not paying attention. Hey, give me a 100K to sit on for a year or so before I tell you I can't get/sell you a car. Actually that is a proper punishment for anyone with too much money and not enough brains.....

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
ucepznlwphoz8mle5f0s.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
This forum should have a rule like Dave's forum. If you don't own or are ready to enter ownership of a GT40, you can move on down the road. Oh wait, that would mean Dave would be gone...

Kids...
smh.
Corvette fankids. Don't know the facts.

IT'S REAL. GET OVER IT.

Attachments

• 2016-01-16_00.38.00.jpg
    2016-01-16_00.38.00.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 2016-01-15_23.52.33.jpg
    2016-01-15_23.52.33.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 311
  • 2016-01-16_10.12.15.jpg
    2016-01-16_10.12.15.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 321

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Corvette? You realize everyone you're talking to here own cars that you drive on your Nintendo yes? No Corvettes here unless they're someone's daily driver. You should go share your insider info on the ford gt forum. They're more your speed.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
"random Ford dealership".........always the source of true, factual details! (and I WAS a Ford dealer!)

The claims made on the pictures are not anything that Ford OGC would approve at this time so I call shenanigans.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Holy cow, I just came across another ad from Ford! This is starting to seem like it's for real guys!

Attachments

• fgtad.jpg
    fgtad.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 354
Back