Shelby GT40

Funny but I recently saw a Viking Blue Shelby (SPF) MkII having its badging removed, door handles, and lens covers removed to be shipped to Germany. Something about licensing that says it must be 'original'. I don't know how their going to explain the SB 427 with its small exhaust tubes. Its a shame.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I know that Holman Moody also creates it's own variation of the SPF cars. Those sell for about $400k, I believe, and are based on the original cars that Holman Moody developed for LeMans. I've been to their shop, and I know the changes they make to the cars are fairly extensive, in addition to building the engines here in Charlotte.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I know that Holman Moody also creates it's own variation of the SPF cars. Those sell for about $400k, I believe, and are based on the original cars that Holman Moody developed for LeMans. I've been to their shop, and I know the changes they make to the cars are fairly extensive, in addition to building the engines here in Charlotte.

The cars Lee Holman builds are on Tennant tubs, not Superformance. He has done the build-out and installs on SPFs, but the "400K" GTs are Holman-Moody units, not SPF

What Rick said.

Wish I had enough $$ for a Tennant tub.

Rick, doesn't H&M only sell Mark IIs (I believe that they modify MI Tennant tubs for that purpose). Not counting the SPF cars that they work on.

Back