Amelia island 2016

Even though I sold my beloved GT 40 it doesn't mean I don't clerish the car like no other. This past weekend I had the pleasure of seeing one of the rare MK III versions sitting toward the front of Friday's tour drive and enjoyed a chat with its owner and a young fellow who had managed to secure a ride in the car for the tour. He was taking pictures of the car and I mentioned he had a great eye for cars as the MK III is a great car to photograph. He then told me he was going on the tour and I said really....do you mind me asking how tall you are? No he said, I'm 6'3". The owner then explained how to get in the 40. After some effort he was in the car with only 4" of head sticking above the spider. He then slid down the seat a bit more ducked his head and shut the door. He was in! Of course his knees were up toward his chest a bit so I couldn't help but think, sometimes it's good to be short! Very Nice.

The car once started was much quieter then I expected it to be. This car was fitted with a 4 barrel versus Webers. The car idled quite nicely as it sat waiting for the tour to set off.

The car appeared on the show grounds the next day and took one of the many trophies on offer at this fantastic event. Again I noted how smooth the MK III sounded as it drove up to the awards area to pick up its trophy. While the MK III may not be to everyone's taste looks wise, it looked right at home amongst this group of spectacular cars.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Did you see this POS?

Attachments

• Kress roadster1.JPG
    Kress roadster1.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 307
Rick, no doubt Fran'a car is a stunning tribute. Beautifully done and what a sound she makes going down the road. BIG Kudos to all those involved.

Pat

Supporter
Jim's on the road and asked me to post this stunning MKIII pic for him. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to Amelia to see it up close and personal.

Attachments

• GT40 Mk III.jpg
    GT40 Mk III.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 238
Back