gt40

You own a R42, lucky you ! Very rare car, linked to the GTD40.

Why don't you try to restore this very spectacular car to its original condition ? A real collector IMHO. Please post pics !

You own a R42, lucky you ! Very rare car, linked to the GTD40.

Why don't you try to restore this very spectacular car to its original condition ? A real collector IMHO. Please post pics !

Thanks Pierre-Louis, I know it's a very special car. But I want the GT40, in the end I will always keep the R42 body and parts. so I can do again the R42 anytime :)

Mike Pass

Supporter
Lee Dawson should be able to supply the panels you need. As he used to work for GTD he may have information on panels for the R42 or where the moulds are.
Tel: 01202873780
Mobile: 07979785425
Email: [email protected]

Cheers
Mike

Howard Jones

Supporter
If you really want to put a GT40 body on it, start with a comparison of the wheel base and track widths. If those are within a 1/2 inch or so you might be able to make it all fit.

Then I would start thinking about the sill widths and overall cabin height etc. In the end it might be a better idea to sell the car you have to someone who wants one to restore and use the money to buy a used GT40 kit or build one from scratch.

I think it would be a cool car to restore. Very few of them out there.

Malcolm

Supporter
I don't think it possible to put a GT40 body on an R42 without monumental alterations that would be irreversible. The chassis are nothing alike. If you start you may end up with two dead project cars, an R42 and a GT40 replica. IMHO of course! :)

Is that your car ? (Spectre spotted in Istanbul, pic found on the internet). It seems to be several R42 in Turkey, I was able to found 2 there, after 2 min googling...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 472
I'm jealous...:love:

Well, as it doesn't look so bad, won't you sell it to an enthusiast, and buy a used GT40 replica or even a kit ? It will save you some issues, and your time and effort will be better invested in (re)building a nice GT40...:thumbsup: (and you'll please a R42 lover...;))

Back