IMG_6064.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 401

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Interesting project Simon....
Are those stacks on the engine part of an air cleaner of sorts or a real stack / Weber system?

Yes, but did you get the spare set of Webers that he said he had, as well as the other bits and pieces.

It does make you wonderhow, in this day and age, how anyone could allow a car like this to just moulder away.

Good luck with the strip and rebuild.

Sadly no "spare race spec webbers" but all there. Mose of the "spares" are junk. Set of 302 heads that are only useful as boat anchors!

Congratulations !:thumbsup: Nice project, I'll follow this thread with great interest, as I'm in the process of partially redoing my own (beloved) GTD... Sure there will be nice ideas to grab ;).

Waiting for the first pics of the stripped beast...

I was told that the car used to belong to a chap who either knew or did fabrication work for Ray Christopher, don't suppose I'll ever know.

The seller also said that this car used to race, and that he had some pictures of it so doing.

I cannot recall ever seeing it ,or ever racing with it in any of the earlier SR&GT series, so if you do have any further information or pictures, I, and am sure many others would welcome seeing them.

Sadly the seller was "economical with the truth"
No race history. The car has a roll cage fitted and has a removable steering wheel fitted but there's no evidence of any Racing apart from "sponsored by DFE" on the side. (Dave Free Engineering)

Good of you Simon, to reply so quickly.

I thought he sounded very vague and dubious in my past conversation with him.

The best of fortune with this rebuild. I should trust nothing to chance with this car, as it has had a rough life and disgraceful neglect.
I,m sure you will do a great job on it, and make it look and behave far better than it ever did.

Back