Information about early CAV

Rune

Supporter
I put this request here yesterday, but as many others the tread is gone so I have to try again.
I have a friend here in Norway that try to register a early CAV , he bought this car on a auction in Florida some years ago. He did not get the papers that normally follow a CAV car, so he contacted CAV, but was out of business for a period, and had no documentation from these first build cars. And the authority here want some more documentation before they can accept the car.
I hope some people here on the forum can help with copies from their early CAV .
Enclose picture from the data plate on this car

Regards Rune

Attachments

• QSGW6917.jpg
    QSGW6917.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 323
  • JYYN9747.jpg
    JYYN9747.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 292
Have you tried contacting Jean Fourie or 'Andre40' who was/is a member here and was closely involved with Cape Advanced Vehicles in early times. Read a few of 'Andre40' early posts, I think he used to leave contact details occasionally.

Pat

Supporter
Jean is also on Facebook and Youtube with his Stealth Beetle project. But it looks like you may have a GTD which for a short time were made by the group that became CAV under license from the UK.

Rune

Supporter
I have tried to find their email but that was difficult, and andre40 have not been on the forum for many years. So is there someone that have his e-mail?

Contact me if you have any more questions on this car. I have a CAV that is tagged the same as yours built in late 2000 or early 2001. No support from anyone I can find. I hope Jean Fourie will correspond with you as I also have questions on parts that were sourced on these early cars.
Steve Salasek

Rune

Supporter
Steve. Did you got any information when you bought the kit? How complete was your kit when you bougth it? Do you know what all the numbers on the tag is?
I have not got any info from Jean yet.
I could have send this on mail, but there can be others that also need info, so then we all can share this. I do not know how many that have these early cars that visit the forum.

I bought my car partially completed but on a bill of sale only back in 2004. didn't have any trouble getting it titled as a 1966 CAV GT 40 here in Iowa. It took me about 2 months of weekends to complete. Someone had installed small block Ford and Audi transaxle at some point. I was told it had been in the New York city area since it came into the country. I did receive an owners manual and can share a copy of it if you are interested.
My tag is nearly identical to yours and all know is

The Au on the tag shows that the car was built with the intention of receiving an Audi Transaxle.
It was a very interesting read from Andre 40 about the early CAV. Thank you to whoever brought that info to light. Stay in touch.
Steve

Hi Rune
Sorry for the Norwegian.

Som jeg sa til deg tidligere har jeg nettopp gjort dette og sitter på en del dokumentasjon.
Min er også en tidlig CAV (#74).Ikke sikkert jeg kan hjelpe men du kan nå meg på [email protected] eller 93088985

br Atle

Back