GT40 Tail Lights

I found out the hard way years ago when I was prepping 1076 for Monterey. I backed it out of the shop and caught the wheel of the dumpster with the tail light in the parking lot. Ran all over So Cal looking for a replacement Tail Light lens for the one I just pulverized. That's when i found out where those babies came from.

Attachments

• Simca Tail Light.jpg
    Simca Tail Light.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,503
  • 04-1964-Simca-1000-Down-On-the-Junkyard-Picture-courtesy-of-Murilee-Martin-550x412.jpg
    04-1964-Simca-1000-Down-On-the-Junkyard-Picture-courtesy-of-Murilee-Martin-550x412.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,525

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
What the heck is that?

I assume whatever it is, if you owned it and had backed it into the dumpster, you might have better luck finding a GT40 to pillage than the GT 40 owner who is looking for it to pillage

GT40 rear original light are from Simca 1000
They where made By SEV Marchal

Lancia Stratos rear lights are from Fiat 850
They where made by Seima

both seems to look similar but they are not ; fixing details , some dimensionsand materials on the chrome bezel vary , they can be recognized from the back with the red molding done on the lower part

Opel Manta are far from those

Last edited:
GT40 rear original light are from Simca 1000
They where made By SEV Marchal

Lancia Stratos rear lights are from Fiat 850
They where made by Seima

both seems to look similar but they are not ; fixing details , some dimensionsand materials on the chrome bezel vary , they can be recognized from the back with the red molding done on the lower part

Opel Manta are far from those

Yes, and particularly the chrome bezel on the Simca 1000 assy is kind of wedge-shaped, so that the rear face of the lens is vertical (as the body area supporting the rear light is not exactly vertical). With Fiat lenses, as their chrome bezel is a regular shaped chrome ring, the rear face of the lens is slightly tilted toward the ground. (Some Fiat units were fitted on my car when I bought it, I replaced them for simca units, huge difference when you know where to look at...)

Attachments

• Feux AR Simca 1000.jpg
    Feux AR Simca 1000.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 2,383
Hi
I've got Simca 1000 rear lights coming out of my **s!! Not necessarily in the best of condition. Always check the vide grenier and auto jumbles.
Stephen

Back