Wheels! please chime in!

20170517_201007.jpg

20170517_201040.jpgI am looking at getting a new set of wheels. Maybe keep the ones I have as an extra set or may be sell them or sell/trade for some goodies. I am looking for your help/advice.

I really love the gold wheels that were on the Bailey black #2 car, those are perfect!

I am deciding between those or some Cobra style wheels. Also thinking of switching to a true knock off instead of my current 5 lug. I think that I need to see what RCR has to offer. Please advise.

Last edited:
The wheels you have really fit the wheel wells perfectly. Don't loose that when you change to another wheel. I have always liked the hour glass style original to the GT40 and the Cobra variant as a second choice. The problem with these styles is the stretched look they get when you go to the 17" rim. The #2 GT40 LeMans winner would look good on Farhads old black beauty!

I like the dish on the rears. I am after something similar but with more dish on the front.

I would like the long spoke wine glass types. Not the short ones and not the cobra style.
Painted and clear coated.

The wheels you have really fit the wheel wells perfectly. Don't loose that when you change to another wheel. I have always liked the hour glass style original to the GT40 and the Cobra variant as a second choice. The problem with these styles is the stretched look they get when you go to the 17" rim. The #2 GT40 LeMans winner would look good on Farhads old black beauty!

I was thinking of these type of wheels. I am reworking almost the whole car. New redesigned suspension parts especially! I have reworked so many things already from when I bought it. Rear E-brake re-cabled, installed a proper battery bracket, moved the A/C up 2 inches, modified the seat frames, and no working on the engine side. I am machined and fabricating coolant tank, mounting brackets, Roll Cage etc. I love all the great support and help from the GT40s.com community! I would love to meet some of you soon! I am in California just 15 minutes north of Sacramento.

I really want these gold wheels

Attachments

• black gt40.jpg
    black gt40.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,052
Your wheels look nice. The BBS?Ferrari style looks good, you could probably have the centers powder coated/ painted gold. I've seen a lot of BBS wheels like that. I really like the black & gold color combination my self & painting my Lotus that way.

Thanks Chris

Bob still offers both and in 17 too

Thanks Fran.
I also need to choose between keeping the 5 lug or single. that would require some parts from you if I change over.

I also need some other items such as steering rack rubber dust covers and if you make some....quick release hinges fro the rear and front clams. The GTD has the clams bolted in as I am sure you know.

Thanks in advance!

Back