Receiving the order kit for the new Ford GT

Pat, a great find and a very interesting video. Certainly a glimpse in to how the other half lives. Thanks for posting.

I have to wonder with the knowledge investors have today of uniqueness being a corridor to possible higher value down the road do you think it would prove beneficial to create a car with a combo of colors that would make it so unique it would be "one of one" versus creating a combo of colors that makes it less unique but easier to sell on.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The issue of unique color is already a factor. There is a car show on Velocity that features a business that restores Mopar products and in a recent episode they made a big deal about one of the restored cars being the only one the factory painted a particular color. Unique adds value...whether or not it sells a car must be "...in the eyes of the beholder".

Cheers!

Doug

Exactly my point Doug. So , looking at the examples in the kit and having the ability to put whatever colors you want on "your" car would you go with something way out or middle of the road? I recall seeing an Alfa Romeo Montreal at Amelia 2 year's ago and it had this very unique but I'm sure period correct bright blue and orange interior that I just loved. It separated it from the masses of Red exterior (black or tan) interior and made it much more valuable to these eyes.

But can you still say its "factory produced" or would it be a bespoke customer car that has less appeal? It'll be very Very interesting to see what the future holds.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Well, you already answered your own question, but I'll agree with you...go for "waaaay out!!!"
Would you have remembered that car if it weren't for that unusual color combo?
Take for example the Gulf paint scheme on the winning GT40's...had you ever seen soft blue and "electric orange" paired before? I had not...but ask me what stands out about that win at LeMans and in my mind I see those colors.
Would you want your VERY EXCLUSIVE custom order FACTORY car to excite that way because of a waaay out paint scheme...or would you want it to turn a few heads because of its exclusivity and otherwise not excite the memory for any other "unique" reason?
I know which way I would go!!!
Cheers!!
Doug

Back