Look Down, Look Down that Lonesome Road

I think the key after reading the article is expectations. Unlike most of us this individual paid someone to build them a kit where most of us find the build and creative process to be part of the joy. Writing a check for a completed product comes will a whole other host of expectations

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Odd...as I read the article I found myself 'flashing back' to three separate FACTORY BUILT cars I've owned that were just as screwed up as the author's "kit car" (whichever "kit car" it was)...and they were worse in some respects.

My point? No matter what you buy, you 'pays yo munny and takes yo chances'.

The only real BIG advantages to buying a factory-built car over a "kit car" as I see it is the fact that there's a bumper-to-bumper warranty on the factory car AND a network of dealers coast-to-coast w/service departments to fix whatever goes wrong with it (supposedly). OTOH, you are your own "service department" for your "kit car". :)

JMHO.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Unless Fran is the manufacturer referred to in the article (feel free to confirm), what does this have to do with him?

Freedom of speech allows most anyone to write most anything. Regardless of the fact that in writing such articles, the only person show to be truly ignorant is the writer.

Poorly written, poorly reasoned and with no point other than to provide a plug to Corvette and Porsche ownership.

Strange.

Unless Fran is the manufacturer referred to in the article (feel free to confirm), what does this have to do with him?

Yeah, I don't see the connection with Fran, or GT-40s either. Quite a short article, poorly written, maybe an agenda, too. First impression is he had poor mechanical skills and had no idea what he was getting into...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yeah, I don't see the connection with Fran, or GT-40s either. Quite a short article, poorly written, maybe an agenda, too. First impression is he had poor mechanical skills and had no idea what he was getting into...

That’s what I took away from it also...

Too many people get lured into buying a GT40 “kit” and think they will be fully successful for a minimal amount of money and mechanical effort / knowledge....
These cars are not “kits”. They all require more than just rudimentary skills and mechanical knowledge if the builder is to do the work him/her self.

Back