fuel tank vents

I noticed in a picture of Graham Hill standing beside a GT40 with the front clip open and next to the off side filler cap is a small object which I had not seen before so I looked in the book Ford GT40 Production and Racing History individual chassis record by Trevor Legate and in the exploded view section on page 202 it shows the complete fuel system including valve none return units ( key number 5 part number 106292) I am not sure if these valves ( two shown in the book) were fitted to all the cars or perhaps just the road cars but I made a pair and they work great. Can anyone comment on this please.
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

• GT40 FUEL VENT REDUCED.jpg
    GT40 FUEL VENT REDUCED.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 541
  • air vents.JPG
    air vents.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 483

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
We use them.
They are filler vents so require a non-return ball valve upstream to prevent them becoming drains if the car overturns.

Attachments

• IMG_3539.jpg
    IMG_3539.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 436
I noticed in a picture of Graham Hill standing beside a GT40 with the front clip open and next to the off side filler cap is a small object which I had not seen before so I looked in the book Ford GT40 Production and Racing History individual chassis record by Trevor Legate and in the exploded view section on page 202 it shows the complete fuel system including valve none return units ( key number 5 part number 106292) I am not sure if these valves ( two shown in the book) were fitted to all the cars or perhaps just the road cars but I made a pair and they work great. Can anyone comment on this please.
Attached Thumbnails

Very nice work Brian.

They were fitted to all GT40s with the original bag tanks.

Regards,

Thanks to you all for the replies. They took ages to make on my Myford 7 lathe and just another reason why it is taking so long to finish my KVA Mk1.

Back