Spare tire?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Spare? My dear Sir...one does not change tires on the road, one calls for service while you have tea.

Quite right, ole chap. Quite. 'Terribly uncivilized to do otherwise.

(Since I'm "uncivilized" myself, a flat tire repair kit and a 12 volt electric tire pump reside in both of our daily drivers. A kit and pump from one of the cars is always swapped into whichever hot rod we might take out on any given weekend. Regardless, our AAA card also accompanies us!)

Spare, what do you do with the one you take off. it would be tough to put one of the wide rear tires under the hood.

AAA and a can of flat fix is the way i go

Lloyd

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
You might need a modified vent panel but how much space does the AC unit use ?
I thought that the Superformance AC kit was fitted inside the fake mk II oil tank and this was in the same location on the front valance where the Smiths heater matrix and plenum was fitted on mk I road cars. These cars also carried a spare tyre in the front.
The leg room should should also be the same, no ?
fullsizeoutput_876.jpeg

Last edited:
You might need a modified vent panel but how much space does the AC unit use ?
I thought that the Superformance AC kit was fitted inside the fake mk II oil tank and this was in the same location on the front valance where the Smiths heater matrix and plenum was fitted on mk I road cars. These cars also carried a spare tyre in the front.
The leg room should should also be the same, no ?
View attachment 93131
Yup no AC/heater planned. Tell me if I'm wrong but oil tank moved to the ass end by mkii time frame.

Back