Any GT40's on the road?

G

Any GT40\'s on the road?

I know we have a lot of builders here, but are there any being driven? If so what do you have and what advice can you share with us? Anything you would do different? What improvements do you have planned?

Re: Any GT40\'s on the road?

I am soooo close to being on the road I can taste it!
6193432-6f50-028001E0-.jpg

Wayne,
That looks soooo good ! You lucky Dog!
grin.gif
I see that and I want to go back out in the shop and start at it again. I was out there for 10hrs today. I did a lot but it doesn't look like it. I'll get there!
I noticed that your tires have the same tread pattern as mine.

Hersh
smile.gif

Oh my god! That has got to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Oh boy now I realy can't wait. Time to call Robert @ RF again and yet another trip to the bank.

G

Looks awesome Wayne. I wish mine was as far advanced as that. Are your wheels 16" or 17"?

G

Really nice picture!
What manufacturer is it?

great site i bought a roaring forties turnkey from robert and took delivery in april i envy those of you who can build these themselves but my mechanical skills/will to live dictated otherwise this car is just sensational. my next door neighbor a ferrari fancier and he's not even a mechanic,was soooo impressed he ordered one too which arrived in may. so two gt40's living next door to each other must be rare. may have to rig up a surveilance camera to ensure no horsepower uping without my knowledge regards

G

Great! Someone is actually driving one around! And the neighbor has one too! What are the colors of the two cars? I have many pictures of cars under contruction at the Roraring Fortires factory.

Bob The two cars are red (mine) and yellow both have air lsd leather 320 hp motors and close ratio audi boxs. I have done about 2000 miles since april (winter here) and on the 16th taking her on the "melbourne mille" (i think california has a similar event) of 1000 miles with two mountain climbs including australia' highest. i may never be seen again regards

G

I do have pictures of a yellow one and a red one. They were taken at the Melbourne new car show. The Yellow one was not quite finished and had an eight barrel system temporalily on it. That system is now sitting on my engine here in Dallas. Please keep us imformed on your experiences with the cars. It will help keep us builders motivated!

bob yes ours are the melbourne motor show cars . both are now fitted with 8 barrel fuel injections and also have 16 inch brm pin drive wheels. we found moto-lita steering wheels well worth it as they seem very close to the orignals but just a bit thicker in the rim regards

Back